The River Cruise App is Europe’s first GPS-triggered Audio Experience App written by river cruise & bike tour travel professionals as well as nautical experts and local guides.
The River Cruise App:
* is easy to use, just download the App, select a waterway and audio experience. After purchasing, the requested content is available for OFFLINE use.
* has river audio guides for travel on the Danube, Rhine, Main, Main-Danube Canal, Moselle and the Dutch Waterways with many more to follow.
* displays the audio guide as a long list of stories corresponding to the kilometre markers along the waterways.
* offers useful hand outs on your mobile or for printing out, such as lists of castle and locks, things to do, fun facts and insider information.
* shows current cruise port situations, gives interesting nautical information, such as water levels on the rivers and much much more.
* takes your travel experience to a new level, a must have, giving you insider knowledge at your own pace.
* lets you re-live your travel experience and recall those magic moments anytime you like, even after you’ve returned home as it is yours to keep as a lasting memento.
Besides being a unique river audio guide for European river cruises the next release will also turns your mobile device into a headset for live guided shore excursions as it will include the LiveTours module with the next release, developed by experts of the Technical University Delft in the Netherlands.
The River Cruise App installed on your smartphone will do the job; better sound quality, instead of having to sanitise / disinfect a rental audio system you use your personal mobile device and your own earphones/buds.
* No internet required, once downloaded, there is unrestricted access, no more roaming.
* No limits, always available without further charges.
* No ads, pop ups or cookies. In fact no third party interference of any kind.
* Free previews for each audio experience available.
* The App works on the latest Android devices.
Whether you start your trip in Amsterdam, Basel, Luxembourg, Nuremberg, Vienna or Budapest, whilst visiting the colourful Netherlands or Germany with its famous Rhine Valley or the breathtaking Wachau in Austria, or anywhere else in between, enjoy over 500 unparalleled stories of the must see sights in Europe along its most iconic rivers, created by travel professionals, nautical experts and local guides.
All available offline, the ultimate device to use before, during and after your trip.
The River Cruise App turns your mobile device into a personal expert, containing a complete travel guide along the European rivers and waterways.
The GPS navigation pin points where you are and the narration informs you about every point of interest and gives tips and advice about the local hangouts in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia, Switzerland and the Netherlands.
You can listen to it all or choose your preferred themes such as
20th Century Conflicts
Legends & History
Nautical & Water Management
The virtual tour guide is always there to explain it all, while the world around you unfolds, with facts and stories, accompanied by music and sound effects.
Our writers have for decades lived and breathed on the river, reviewing every place that makes it into our carefully prepared experiences. Whether you‘re interested in the main sights or the local hangouts, they are ready to take you there.
Although developed for river cruisers and for use on a boat, it is also perfect for all other types of holidays and recreation along or close to the river. Whether following the water by bike, such as the popular Danube bike track (Donauradweg) or travelling on foot, by train, in a car or touring coach, our audio guide fits perfectly and can handle any pace.