Take 5 minutes for your personal safety.
This free Australian built App/tool is a quick and easy safety checklist for everyone to help you assess and control the hazards to reduce the risk of any task, any time, in any industry.
Why this app? There are several others out there but none asked detailed and relevant questions to help make you consider all the hazards you wouldn't normally think about. It is unique in that way.
It can used in all industries (food, agribusiness, mining, manufacturing, construction, defence etc) and even when doing work at home.
Our vision is to empower everyone to take accountability for their own health and safety at work and at home by providing a free and simple tool that asks the key questions, you may not know to ask.
This Take 5 Personal Risk Assessment application does the hard work for you with a series of prompts to help you identify the key hazards are, choose the risk level (High/Red, Medium/Amber or Low/Green) and detail suitable controls to reduce the risk level. If a task is Red or Amber, Controls are required to make the job safer to complete.
This new update has implemented the functionality to allow you to report Hazards, Incidents, Injuries and Near Misses.
The advantage of it is that it can be done simply on your phone which you always have with you so there’s no need for carrying around extra little books which saves paper and pocket space.
Take 5 PRA App features include:
• Detailed questions;
• Simple email output;
• Pause & resume Take 5;
• Memory of last Take 5; &
• NEW Tool - Hazard, Incident, Injury & Near Miss Reporting Tool.
The benefits of using the Take 5 Personal Risk Assessment system can be:
• Intuitive, easy to use and quick to learn;
• Can help reduce the likelihood or severity of accidents and injuries in your work place;
• Help us reduce work place injuries, moving closer to Goal Zero, where work places have Zero incidents or injuries; &
• Simple way to communicate risks to your supervisor (optional) and can be used to document why a job shouldn’t proceed without additional controls or support.
Why should I waste time on a Take 5?
• Most workplaces require the worker to document the risk assessment for a task. This is a simple and easy way to do it
• Complacency can lead to hazards being missed that might simply have been identified with a pre-task Take 5
• No-one wants to get injured or see a mate injured at work as it directly impacts your home life and can restrict what you can do outside of work and with your family and friends
• Horizontal scrolling enabled so App can be used on HDPI and MDPI devices.
• Uses your own email to allow you to add other comments if you choose.
• There is no time/date stamp as it will be identifiable with the email as it is sent prior to the task starting.
SUPPORT - Please contact me for:
• Any bugs;
• Request for features/improvements;
• Requests for Language support; or
• If you would like a simple custom Take 5 App built for your business with your logo.
If you like the application and find it useful please share it with your friends and colleagues to help improve the safety culture for as many people as possible.
WARNING – Use of this tool does not guarantee there are no risks with the work you do however will likely help you identify as many as possible. Jobs change frequently and if you don’t stop to assess the changes, it may limit your ability to identify the risks.
"If you're not making someone else's life better, then you're wasting your time. Your life will become better by making other lives better." – Will Smith