British Columbia's largest electrical utility and a strong supporter of electric vehicle adoption, BC Hydro operates a growing network of fast charging stations across the province. Use the BC Hydro EV mobile app - available today for use on a portion of the BC Hydro fast charging network, and to be extended to the entire network in the coming months - to charge your vehicle at stations, to get station status updates, and to order RFID cards for use at the stations.
BC Hydro EV app features
• Easy download and installation of the mobile app, ready for use at charging stations in the Kootenay region of B.C. and at select Lower Mainland locations, and later on BC Hydro stations currently on the Greenlots network
• The option of adding funds to your app and RFID card, or paying on an as-needed basis by credit card, without signing up
• An updated map helping you find nearby BC Hydro stations, showing station availability and any usage fees that apply
• Ability to start a charging session at a selected station
• Remote tracking of charging progress, with email notifications of when your vehicle is fully charged, or when the charging session has been interrupted
• Emailed charging session summaries
• History of your past charging sessions using the app at BC Hydro charging stations.