The WatchMate app connects to your Vesper Marine WatchMate Vision® or XB-8000 over WiFi to place remote control functionality and AIS situational awareness in the palm of your hand.
Features when connected to your WatchMate Vision or an XB-8000:
- Displays your AIS targets on an AIS plotter screen in heading or north up orientation.
- Mange your collision prevention alarm profiles.
- Graphically displays the crossing situation for each vessel's CPA and TCPA.
- Generates MOB alarms from received AIS SART, MOB and EPIRB targets.
- Instantly acquires target details including cached vessel names.Displays your AIS targets in a list view enabling sorts by priority, CPA, TCPA and range.
- Anchor Watch alarming.
- Display and control your Anchor Watch alarm settings.
- Continuously monitor Collision Prevention, MOB and Anchor Watch alarms generated from your WatchMate Vision or XB-8000, even when the app is closed.
- View your own GPS position, course and speed.
- View your NMEA 2000 or NMEA 0183 data (e.g. depth, wind speed, heading).
- Control the type of data on your NMEA 0183 output.
- Switch easily between AIS silent mode and normal transmitting mode.
- Configure your vessel's AIS Static data. (MMSI, call sign, vessel type, vessel size).
- Diagnostic tools to help with GPS and AIS antenna installation.
- Diagnostic tools for connectivity to other devices over NMEA 0183 or NMEA 2000.
- Test your external alarm is working.
- Run simulations to get familiar with device and app features.
- Perform firmware upgrades.
Additional features when connected to a WatchMate Vision:
- Filter vessels of low priority to reduce clutter on the plotter view.
The complex nature of our innovative WatchMate app makes coding mishaps difficult to eliminate despite the superhuman efforts of our developers, so please remember Vesper Marine does not warrant that this product is error-free. As the adventurous user it’s your job to exercise common sense and the best navigational judgement you can muster up. Although we think the WatchMate app is awesome nothing beats using all your human senses, so rely on these as much as you rely on the WatchMate app for making navigational safety decisions. Our advice is; even with the WatchMate app it’s still a clever idea to maintain a permanent watch and use more than one aid for navigation.