The Birder's Diary Mobile Field App companion to your Birder's Diary PC program (www.BirdersDiary.com).
"You want to focus on seeing birds, finding birds, identifying birds (or any Thing) while you are in the field. You need an App that helps you accomplish these goals without getting in your way. That is the goal of this App's Experience." Fast, easy, one-handed, no typing, no reading glasses, Voice Recognition; and so much more.
Record sightings and various information while in the field for Birds, Butterflies, Dragonflies, Mammals, Plants, Reptiles, etc.
Easily and quickly record sightings in the field:
• One-handed use.
• User-adjustable unlimited font-size (no reading glasses required) using device volume up/down button for immediate adjustment.
• Multiple checklists (birds, plants, mammals, butterflies, etc) on concurrently available Tabs.
• Move from a Bird checklist to a Butterfly checklist with the swipe of your thumb.
• Bird checklists show abundance graph for the area selected!
• Quickly download recent sightings for Notable Species in your area or download sightings in your area for any specific species.
• Access from your Checklist to a huge library of sound recordings for any bird on your Checklist sorted by recording location proximity to your current location.
• Quick access to bird range map and information pages from your Checklist.
• Interactive Google Map showing your Track and marking each Sighting!
• Voice Recognition! Clean and fast; simple, accurate and intuitive.
• Download Checklists for Bird locations anywhere in the World ahead of your bird outing without internet connectivity. Do the same for multiple different Orders of Animal and Plant kingdoms.
• No typing required to record sightings; just tap with your thumb. Left and right-handed configuration.
• No need for reading glasses in the field for those that don't want another thing hanging around your neck (e.g. binoculars, camera, etc.).
• Records lat/lng/time/alt for each sighting. Tracks distance traveled.
• Load your own user-created Checklists for anything you want to track.
• No typing required to record sightings, just a tap on the row to increment, tap on the count to decrement.
• At finish, email is sent to you with complete list of Things seen along with Excel-type attachment with details of each sighting and an Excel-type attachment with your Track.
• Quickly and easily imports into Birder's Diary Desktop for your PC for the near-limitless capabilities of the desktop version (www.BirdersDiary.com).
• No Advertising.
Birder's Diary has been in business since 1995! Longer than anyone else in the business!