We have resumed new customer account creation as of July 3, 2019. We endeavor to continue offering the best possible service we can. We greatly appreciate your continued support.
■Virtual currencies can be purchased and sold at any time, any place
• Rates can be seen in real-time. You can check on your smartphone during your free time or when there are sudden price fluctuations.
• Charts can be displayed in hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, and annual formats.
*Some services may be unavailable during maintenance.
■ Reliability and security
bitFlyer is registered with the Japanese Financial Services Agency as a virtual currency exchange operator.
Examples of bitFlyer’s security measures:
• Cold wallets
• Two-factor authentication
• Installation of WAF
• ID verification
• Customer information is encrypted
• Assets are managed separately
• Cooperation with external agencies
■Seven varieties of virtual currency
• Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Monacoin and Lisk can be bought and sold though bitFlyer.
■Send and receive quickly with QR codes
• Bitcoin can easily be sent or received at any time, any place by using QR codes.
• Bitcoin can be sent and received as an attachment to a message.
■Pay in Bitcoin both on and offline
• bitFlyer Wallet can be used to easily make purchases in Bitcoin at on and offline stores around the world.
• You can make Bitcoin payments at Japanese domestic shops such as Bic Camera.
■Easily send Bitcoin through the Pay feature
• The Pay feature is a simple way to send Bitcoin to your friends and colleagues.
• Messages can be sent when sending and receiving Bitcoin.
• You can also use it to make payment requests.
To start trading virtual currency:
Step 1: Create an account
Step 2: Receive a postcard
Step 3: Start trading
*ID verification documents are required to open an account.
*Delays may occur in the time it takes to send the postcard.
[Disclaimers (Please read carefully)]
Company: bitFlyer, Inc., registered virtual currency exchange operator (Registration number 00003 issued by the Kanto Local Finance Bureau)
Member of authorized fund settlement association: Japan Virtual Currency Exchange Association
■Inquiry Form: https://bitflyer.com/en-jp/contactpage
Other inquiry methods: https://bitflyer.com/en-jp/explanation-virtual-currency-regulation
■General Inquiries: 03-6434-5864 (open from 10:00 – 17:00, JST; only available in Japanese)
・The fees incurred when using our services, other expenses, calculation methods, etc. are as defined in our Fees and Taxes.
・Virtual currencies are not a legal tender with values guaranteed by any country or third party.
・Virtual currencies are digitally recorded, and transfers are performed on their networks. If any major problems occur in the process of a transfer, the virtual currency may disappear and its value may be lost.
・If the private keys or passwords used in electronic authentication are lost, you may completely lose access to the corresponding virtual currency and its value may be lost.
・Fluctuations in the prices of virtual currency may cause losses may be incurred.
・If, due to changes in the external environment or other factors, bitFlyer is unable to continue doing business, customer assets will be processed in accordance with all applicable laws and ordinances, but there is a possibility that customers’ deposited fiat and/or virtual currency may be impossible to return.
・Since there are risks associated with the structure of virtual currency, please read and fully understand our Written Explanation and make trades based on your own judgement and at your responsibility.
Fees and Taxes: https://bitflyer.com/en-jp/commission
Written Explanation on Virtual Currency Trading: https://bitflyer.com/en-jp/explanation-virtual-currency-regulation