On June 22, 2018, bitFlyer, Inc. (Japan) received business improvement orders from the Japanese Financial Services Agency.
Our management and all employees are united in our understanding of how serious these issues are. In order to maximize our efforts towards building a suitable service and improving on the issues identified, we have voluntarily and temporarily suspended the onboarding of new customers.
We appreciate your understanding.
This order is directed to bitFlyer Inc. (Japan) and not to its American or European entities, which are regulated in their own geographical jurisdictions.
This is the newest version of the virtual currency app by Japan's largest* Bitcoin exchange.
Send, receive, buy, trade, and hold Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monacoin, and other virtual currencies on your phone with bitFlyer Wallet though a simple interface that is easy to understand, even for new users.
*bitFlyer recorded the largest Japanese domestic Bitcoin monthly trade volume among Japanese domestic exchanges according to JPBitcoin.com from November 2016 through November 2018 (includes spot, net settlement, and futures trading).
◆Virtual currencies can be purchased and sold at any time, any place
• Rates can be seen in real-time. You can check on your smartphone during your free time or when there are sudden price fluctuations.
• Charts can be displayed in hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, and annual formats.
*Some services may be unavailable during maintenance.
◆Seven varieties of virtual currency
• Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Monacoin and Lisk can be bought and sold though bitFlyer.
• The Earn Bitcoin service lets you earn Bitcoin rewards on bitFlyer by using online services.
• You can earn Bitcoin rewards through methods such as online shopping, making reservations for travel or restaurants, and registering for other services. A variety of services are available, so you can pick one you like and start earning Bitcoin!
• Earned Bitcoin can also be used for converting Bitcoin into money.
◆Send and receive quickly with QR codes
• Bitcoin can easily be sent or received at any time, any place by using QR codes.
• Bitcoin can be sent and received as an attachment to a message.
◆Pay in Bitcoin both on and offline
• bitFlyer Wallet can be used to easily make purchases in Bitcoin at on and offline stores around the world.
• You can make Bitcoin payments at Japanese domestic shops such as Bic Camera.
◆Easily send money through Facebook, LINE, or email through the Pay feature
• The Pay feature is a simple way to send Bitcoin through regular communication tools.
• Messages can be sent when sending and receiving Bitcoin.
• You can also use it to make payment requests.
[Disclaimers (Please read carefully)]
The virtual currencies handled by bitFlyer, Inc. are different from the fiat currencies of Japan and other countries. The value of virtual currency is not guaranteed by an established party. This page is not an endorsement to trade specific virtual currencies.
The principal is not guaranteed in the virtual currency exchange transactions. There is the possibility of losses owing to price fluctuations in the virtual currency being transacted, etc. The amount of loss may exceed the amount deposited.
The products and services offered by bitFlyer may incur different fees for each product and service. For more information, please review our Fees list.
Virtual currencies carry inherent risks by their structures. Please read and fully understand our ”Written Explanation as per Articles 16 and 17 of the Cabinet Office Ordinance on Virtual Currency Exchange Services”, etc. and make transactions based on your own judgement and at your responsibility.
Registered Virtual Currency Exchange Operator (Registration No. 00003, issued by the Director of the Kanto Local Finance Bureau)