Dr Diary is a work diary that enables you to record work activities as part of your job plan on the go.
Use the app to accurately reflect the reality of your work and how much time you spend on different PAs (programmes activities / sessions). Identify patterns to help plan future work and demonstrate areas for negotiation at your appraisals and job plan review meetings.
Dr Diary is designed for BMA members who are consultants or SAS (staff, associate specialist and specialty) doctors in the UK, on the latest versions of their contracts.
Key features include:
• Personalise the list of activities to fit the nature of your work, including DCC (direct
clinical care), SPA (supporting professional activities), academic work and more
• Add details from your job plan to compare it against your actual workload in reports
• Select work categories in your contract, as well as details of private practice and leave
• Record on-call periods and work done while on-call
• Track your work for more than one employer
• Choose either 30-minute or 15-minute time slots
• Duplicate a whole day or week of activities
• Update your diary while offline
The Dr Diary app is designed for use with the web app. Once you have completed the diary for at least six weeks, log in at doctordiary.bma.org.uk to create and download up to six different reports, showing the type of work you do and what it means in terms of PAs/sessions.