** NO SUBSCRIPTION FEE!
* Kids have earned millions in allowance, completed millions of chores, and invested hundreds of thousands.
"Since your kids probably won't learn this in school, go to BusyKid.com and start teaching them now. This is a great idea! Check it out and get the kids on board." Kevin O'Leary (Mr. Wonderful from Shark Tank)
BusyKid is the first and only chore app that allows a child to earn real allowance and decide how to save, share, spend and invest it. It's your kids first job with direct deposit!
Ideal for kids 6-16, BusyKid helps your child learn finance-related routines long before adulthood kicks in. The app is extremely easy to set-up and it won't cost your family hundreds of dollars to use.
Brand New Features:
Chore Calendar - Similar to all mobile calendars, the Chore Calendar allows parents to set daily, weekly, and monthly chores, schedule any task on a future date, or arrange for chores to repeat.
Parent Dashboard - This is the one place where a parent can see what ALL the children are doing, earning, and spending. See the entire family or a single child with a single touch.
Child Dashboard - The kids weekly allowance and balance of a BusyKid Spend Card are prominently centered at the top of the dashboard, but the page also includes the options to save/invest, share or spend any funds in the account.
Activity Stream - Included in both the parent and child menus, the activity stream displays all account activity for each day, as well as any money moved or spent by a child.
Push Notifications - BusyKid now uses push notifications to alert parents to specific activity and approval for weekly payday.
Increased Charities - Children have the option to donate their allowance to more than 20 charities that have joined the BusyKid family or to a charity of their choice.
• Quick set-up and fast motivation for children
• Uses real money for paydays and bonuses
• Age based chores and activities
• Age based allowance
• Push notification approvals
• Parental monitoring of all activities
• Clearly displayed account balances
• Parents are able to pay a bonus
• No age limit to use a BusyKid Visa Spend Card
• Children can invest in real stocks
• Children can donate to over 20 charities
• Works on any iOS mobile device
NO SUBSCRIPTION FEE
While many similar apps charge for a family to subscribe to use their system, the BusyKid platform is free. Parents do have the option to purchase a BusyKid Prepaid Visa Spend Card ($7.99/yr) for a child, but the card is not required.
FRIDAY IS PAYDAY!
BusyKid wants each Friday to mean more than just the last day of the school week. It's Payday! Once a parent approves the payday alert, allowance will automatically transfer to the save, share, and spend areas inside the child account on Friday morning. Think of BusyKid as the first job for your child with direct deposit.
BusyKid provides children four ways to spend their allowance:
1) GET CASH: Children send funds back to a parent for cash.
2) BUY STOCK: Learning to invest is important and kids can now do it. Buy fractional shares of real stock in top companies.
3) MAKE DONATIONS: Sharing allowance teaches kindness!
4) BUSYKID VISA PREPAID SPEND CARD: A rechargeable Visa Card, is basically a debit card for kids which can be used in stores or online. There is no ATM access at this time.
All four outlets provide a child practice in decision making, much like what will be needed as an adult. Financial success is no longer just about learning how to spend wisely.
Parents have the ability to approve all transactions when money is moved outside the BusyKid platform (donation, buy stock, money to spend cards and request for cash) as well as every payday. However, we've designed the app to be a teaching tool where mistakes can be part of the learning experience. Better to make them now with a few bucks compared to later with hundreds.