Key reasons millions of travelers love this app:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included in the app.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
CREATE YOUR OWN TRIP JOURNAL
Want to remember the places you visit? It is now easy to do this with TripAdvisor City Guides. Simply Check In, take a photo and add a note for each location, and your journal and travel album will be created for you automatically. You can share it with friends and family on Facebook, or just use it to remember your trip. And, you can even Check In while you are offline and share later when you are online.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With this app you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, this app will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. The app also uses the compass to guide you to a place once you selected it
Museums In Washington DC isnt a digital yellow pages like most museum apps. You get useful info like:
-choose by category
-choose by selecting museum from a map
-1 touch navigation to address
-directly email & phone museum
-hours of operation & cost
-easily link to collections,events,etc
-rental & intern availability
Museums In Washington D.C. includes a special link listing all Smithsonian museums regardless of category (although they are included with their default category. For example, the Air & Space Museum is listed in both the Smithsonian and Science links). This is available from the list links or from the maps.
Follow on Twitter @AndroidsFuture
Walking tours included in this application are:
* Monuments and Memorials (10 sights)
* Art and Antique Shops (6 sights)
* Gardens and Parks (6 sights)
* City Orientation Tour (17 sights)
* Art Galleries and Museums (8 sights)
* History Museums (9 sights)
* Nightclubs in Washington (6 sights)
* Federal Buildings (11 sights)
* Georgetown Walking Tour (7 sights)
All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the walking tours or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app is optimized for Android phone and tablet.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported on device without built-in GPS function).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
Discover new places, and browse full featured offline map on your device. Our OFFLINE Map is high resolution, and you can using this map without data roaming, WIFI Connection and hidden costs!
10 LANGUAGES supported:
english, german, french, russian, korean, portuguese, spanish, japanese, italian, chinese
- complete offline map with GPS geolocation (100% offline)
- attractions list with description & photo (offline)
- multilingual city information about transport, food, history, airports and many others information like clima table or eat & events (offline)
- currency converter: euro, british pound, US dollar, chinese Youan, Japanese Yen, Korean Won, Rupee, Russian Ruble (offline)
- multilingual interface
- hotels deals (online module)
- Things to do & trips
- POI finder (like: hotels, restaurants, metro stations, taxi, pubs, pharmacies, parkings, shops, cafe )
- Phrase Book (Tourist dictionary)
- Currency Converter
Discover cities and places with our offline app. Our Offline Map & Guide provides you with an easy way to find anything.
Browse a full featured offline map on your device and find your way.
- Over 450,000 hikers use our apps (iPhone, And. & BB)
- Social media sharing plugin
- No roaming costs
- Multilingual interface & descriptions
- Available in 10 languages
- Adds free
- Tablet & retina screen ready
- Mutilingual interface and descriptions the best way to explore attractions of the city.
- Simple Currency Converter. Find the currency exchange rates and convert world currencies with our tool.
- Lists of tourist attractions. Complete list with most popular tourist attractions, monuments and landmarks.
- Quick Share. Share your trips, recommend sights and attractions with social media plugin.
- Hotels booking. Search, save, manage & book best hotels and hostels. Find the cheapest rates for hotels worldwide.
- Detailed descriptions. Now you got everything you need in your phone. Detailed descriptions, maps, nearby hotels and things to do around selected place.
- ToDo. Sightseeing tours, attractions, excursions, things to do and fun activities
Washington, D.C., the capital of the United States and the seat of its three branches of government, has a collection of free, public museums unparalleled in size and scope throughout the history of mankind, and the lion's share of the nation's most treasured monuments and memorials. The vistas on the National Mall between the Capitol, Washington Monument, White House, and Lincoln Memorial are famous throughout the world as icons of the world's wealthiest and most powerful nation.
Beyond the Mall, D.C. has in the past two decades shed its old reputation as a city both boring and dangerous, with shopping, dining, and nightlife befitting a world-class metropolis. Travelers will find the city new, exciting, and decidedly cosmopolitan and international. Download and print the City Walking Guides to help you explore the city.
Washington Guide 4T is a mobile app that helps you find nearby attractions, hotels, most popular restaurants, nightclubs, sights, museums, ATM, pharmacies.
This smart and intelligent mobile city guides are created to help plan your trip.
☆☆☆ Features of City Guide:
☆ Sights & Attractions list
- multilingual description with photo
- direction and route on map
☆ Weather forecast
☆ Offline Currency Converter
☆ Multilingual interface (english, chinese, spanish, german, japanese, korean, russian, french, portuguese)
☆ Place Finder with complete information about object (adress with map, users rating, route, website, phone number)
Restaurant / Bar / Night club / Lodging / Hotel / Museum / Pharmacy / ATM / Bank / Gas station
☆ City Trips added and recommended by users ☆
- Interactive map & route with POI
- Trip photos
- Description, distance
☆ Event manager with with full information about the event
☆ Interactive map of the city
☆☆☆ What people are saying about our guides:
- Yriy: "Thing Excellent idea!"
- Zeynepalp: "Very nice Istalbul guide"
- Kaka: "Jakarta city guide Great !!!!"
- Frank: "Bueno Me gustó esta app tiene futuro si recibe actualizaciones constantes" (Well I liked this app has a future if it receives constant updates)
- Luis: "Buena Me gusta la interfaz, es fluido y encuentras de todo." (Good I like the interface, is fluid and find everything.)
- Victor: "Muito bom, informa o tempo a visibilidade humidade, eventos q vao acontecer no Rj bem atualizado. Perfeito" (Very good, tells time visibility humidity, events happen in vain Rio de Janeiro. Perfect)
Washington, D.C., formally the District of Columbia and commonly referred to as Washington, "the District", or simply D.C., is the capital of the United States. On July 16, 1790, the Residence Act approved the creation of a capital district located along the Potomac River on the country's East Coast. As permitted by the U.S. Constitution, the District is under the exclusive jurisdiction of the United States Congress and is therefore not a part of any U.S. state.
The states of Maryland and Virginia each donated land to form the federal district, which included the preexisting settlements of Georgetown and Alexandria; however, Congress returned the Virginia portion in 1846. Named in honor of George Washington, the City of Washington was founded in 1791 to serve as the new national capital. Congress created a single municipal government for the whole District of Columbia after the American Civil War.
Simply tell Citybot what type of activities interest you and in a matter of seconds receive a personalized schedule with an interactive map. From a local favorite cafe on U street, followed by a trip to Smithsonians, ending with a few drinks off Dupont Circle really get the most out of your visit.
Never worry about trying to determine the best way to get from place to place or if your next stop is open. Citybot City Guides will suggest how to get to your destination and when you should arrive.
Citybot chatted with both locals and visitors, and only shares activities that get the best ratings and recommendations. The Bot has collected data from dozens of sites so you can know the best places in the Georgetown, Chinatown, H Street, and more.
The Bot wants you to get the most out of your visit :)
Have questions or comments? Send them to email@example.com and we will write back within 24 hours.
Get real-time predictions for DC Metrorail, Metro Bus, Arlington Transit (ART), DC Circulator, PG County - The Bus, Fairfax CUE, GMU Shuttle, and UMD Shuttle. Keep track of your favorite stations and sort them however you like!
Find your way to the nearest Metrorail stations and WMATA bus stops by using your devices GPS with the “Nearest Stations” feature. Once you have your results, one click will get you turn by turn directions with Google Maps.
Use our interactive map of the Metrorail system to find your way around. Having trouble finding a station entrance?
Click a station on the map and choose “Street View” and have a look around.
The train trip planner will help you to plan your station-to-station trip, help you with transfers, and provide time, distance, and fare estimates for your trip.
Keep up to date with the latest News, Advisories, and system outages that may impact your commute.
**If you run into issues, please email the support email address. The support email is monitored daily and is the fastest way to get a resolution!**
✔ Who wants to know?
Tourists, locals, those traveling to DC on business, teachers planning field trips, college students new to the area, or just about anyone who wants an entertaining but A to Z take on the nation's capital, whether for a day, a weekend, or on an ongoing basis.
✔ What would you like to know? DC ✭ A to Z tells you:
- the history behind the Willard Hotel's association with the mint julep cocktail and how to concoct one (via a YouTube clip)
- the best ways to tour the capital, whether by bike, boat, bus, or on foot
- where to go for the best views in town (the Washington Monument is closed until 2014, but there are other spots to recommend)
- which restaurants serve the best vegetarian fare (or pizza, or burgers, or Indian food, or French cuisine, etc)
- how to get an inside peek at the embassies
- those pubs where it's fine to bring the family and those where you'd best not
- highlights of the city's excellent museums, including entry, via YouTube video, to after hours parties at the Hirshhorn and other museums
- inside info that only a longtime local would know, from the name of the art museum responsible for launching countless romances to the best location for watching the fireworks on the Fourth of July.
✔ What DC ✭ A to Z offers:
- 250 entries
- nearly 2,300 photographs
- hundreds of YouTube videos that help bring DC to life
- hundreds of hyperlinks that link entries and lead to websites for added historical and factual context
- firsthand knowledge of each experience
- descriptions of 22 neighborhoods, 67 restaurants, 125+ attractions, 22 hotels, 43 nightlife venues, and prime shopping options
- ways to sort the information alphabetically and by category, price, and distance.
✔ This app's a snap: Easy to use and costing pennies more than a Georgetown Cupcake.
★ About the Author ★
Elise Hartman Ford has been a Washington, DC-based freelance writer since 1985, covering stories about the city for publications such as The Washington Post and National Parks magazine. The sole author of the annually published Frommer's Guide to Washington, D.C., since 1998, Ford is the author of other guidebooks, as well, including Night + Day D.C. Ford knows the nation's capital inside and out, from A to Z, Adams Morgan to the National Zoo.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org
MobileReference guides help you get the most out of your vacation. The guides are available for most destinations worldwide and always include FREE offline GPS maps. Over 3 million MobileReference Travel Guides have been downloaded.
The world’s most popular electronic guides developed for your smartphone have the following features:
✔ GPS map loads to your smartphone memory - no network access needed once the app is downloaded.
✔ GPS map displays your location along with nearby sights and attractions.
✔ MobileReference guides use vector-based maps so they load quickly and are easy to zoom and scroll.
✔ Unlike other travel guides, GPS coordinates for attractions have been verified by users on the ground.
✔ Attraction articles can be accessed from both an alphabetical and a categorical index.
✔ Top 10 attractions article features sights that no visitor should miss.
✔ Articles include tips on what to do and see in your destination.
✔ Articles can be added to a list of favorites.
✔ The top restaurants have been individually selected by MobileReference editors. These restaurants are marked by a star in the EAT chapter and are plotted on the GPS map.
✔ No ads
✔ No roaming charges
MobileReference Travel Guides provide detailed, practical information about attractions, landmarks, transportation, cultural venues, dining, lodging, history and much more. They are indexed alphabetically and by category, making it easier to access individual articles. Attractions can be viewed on an offline GPS map along with your current location so that you can easily find attractions near you as you explore the city.
This fully-functional guide is absolutely free. The full version (only $4.99) adds Text-To-Speech and expands articles with more information about attractions, history, culture, itineraries, phrasebooks and more. Listen to complete articles on the go with Text-To-Speech: double-tap on a word to start Text-To-Speech from the selected word or select Menu > Start Text-To-Speech.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Essentials: Eat | Drink | Sleep | Stay healthy | Stay safe
1. General: History | Geography | Demographics | Climate
2. Maps: City | Districts | Metro | MARC | Major Roads | DC Circulator | Geography | White House Grounds
2.1 Neighborhood Maps: Adams Morgan-Columbia Heights | Woodley Park-Cleveland Park | Waterfont | Dupont Circle | Arlington | Georgetown
3. Transport: Get In | Get Around | MARC Train | Metro | Bus | Airports
4. By Area: Districts | Streets | Get Out
5. Attractions: Top 10 | See | Do | Buy | Itinerary | Memorials | Sculptures | Circles | Buildings | Religion | Parks
6. Museums: A-Z | Art | Culture & History | Science | Children's | Libraries
7. Culture: Performing Arts | Music | Theatres | Nightclubs | Festivals
-MobileReference®. Free maps for worldwide destinations™.
With this app you will enjoy:
• Valuable promotional offers from local businesses
• Hours of operation and prices for museums and attractions
• Lists of many free things to do
• GPS-enabled, interactive maps with point-of-interest filters
• Current and future events occurring in the DC Area
• Favorites feature helps you create your own itinerary
• Search function lets you quickly find specific information and offers
• Recommended Sightseeing Itineraries
• Travel Tips
Powered by TrafficLand.
The full application is completely free to use. Don't like ads? Purchase the $4.99 yearly subscription.
See cameras in a convenient grid format, or right on the map.
Create your own groups of favorite cameras for easy access. Search locations, add them to your list of favorite places, and see cameras around.
See cameras at your current location.
Use the widget to see your favorite cameras on the home screen.
Use it on your daily commute, or when you travel. Know traffic conditions in advance.
Live traffic camera images are set to automatically refresh at the fastest rate available from the provider, as fast as every 2 seconds.
Camera database maintained and provided by TrafficLand.
★ Application contains more than 170 cameras (live images, webcams, CCTV)!
★ All cameras for District of Columbia, Washington, DC
Cameras are mostly traffic but we have other types of cameras as well.
You can search for a group, or for camera inside selected group.
✔ App have widgets for cameras, so you can place some of the cameras you use the most on your home screen.
✔ You can play/stop/change camera directly from your home screen.
✔ You can mark cameras as favorite for fast access when you need it later.
✔ You can take image from any of camera with share button. Image will be saved on your SD Card and you can share it with any app that can share images.
✔ You can choose between 5 color schemes (Menu->Colors)
PLEASE READ BELOW BEFORE REVIEWING
Data that comes back from the WMATA API (where this app gets its data from) is sometimes inaccurate or missing so when train times are inaccurate or unavailable it has nothing to do with the quality of this app. Please direct your comments at the DC Metro system rather than a developer who spent over 100 hours developing an app and gave it to you without asking for anything in return.
You can leave feedback with WMATA at http://www.wmata.com/about_metro/contact_us/ridercomment.cfm and this will be the best way to let them know about issues with the train arrival times.
Features of Triposo’s guide to Washington D.C.:
* Complete background information
* A detailed sights section
* Day trip section.
* An offline map of the city
About our guides
We make great, interactive travel guides.
To make our guides we use the content that is freely available. Open content sites like Wikitravel, Wikipedia, World66 and Openstreetmap are among the best resources for any traveler. Our mission is to make that content relevant for you. So we mix and mash and annotate - and we distill great, relevant travel guides out of it.
We like open content. In fact some of us were involved in World66, one of the first open content travel guides on the web. Triposo's travel guides are very much a re-mix of open content out there.
Currently we're using content from: Wikipedia, Wikitravel, World66, Open Streetmaps, DMOZ and Chefmoz
We're big fans of these projects. If you stumble across some inaccurate information in this guide, we would appreciate it if you correct it on the web site of these projects.
Metro map of Washington, D.C.(USA) for app called "METRO 24".
★★★ Features ★★★
✔ Interactive subway map;
✔ Route planner;
✔ Offline and online modes;
✔ Search for closest metro station to location in the city. For example, you can find nearby to which metro station located "The White House" or anything else;
✔ Live info on service status of metro lines;
✔ Train arrival information for every station;
✔ POI – cafés, night clubs, cinemas, shops and other places of interest nearby to metro stations;
✔ Search for nearby metro station using GPS;
✔ Voice search of stations, addresses, favorites and popular places in the city;
✔ Metro maps of other cities around the world in single app;
✔ And many other features... See complete description of "METRO 24" application.
For Dulles and every airport (2500+) you get:
+Live Arrival and Departure boards
+Google Flights and Google Hotel Finder results displayed
+Food and restaurants
Complete information for Washington Airport (IAD/BWI/DCA) including parking, food and restaurants, terminal maps, directions and more.
Washington Airports also lets you view arrival and departure boards for every airport in the world. The app takes you to the airports site to see restaurants, shops and wifi. Lets you know if your flights delayed or cancelled and gives you the tools needed to quickly find an alternate flight and rebook all in one place.
We include airports in Baltimore, Charlotte, Washington, Washington, Nashville, Raleigh, Charleston, Greensboro, Greenville, Louisville, Norfolk, Miami, Tampa, Fort Myers, Pensacola, Savannah, West Palm Beach and all the airports of the world.
Pro version allows for additional contacts to receive your distress message.
Send cell text and emails to family members during a 911 call.
PEBBLE SMARTWATCH USERS
1. Make sure Bluetooth is ON
2. Make sure the Phone and Watch are paired
3. Load the Pebble Smartwatch App (have this run in the background)
4. Load the 911 Help SMS App
- As you know, pairing the apps with the device can get tricky at times. We assure you the 911 Help SMS Pebble App works well with the 911 Help SMS Android App.
Card Swapp is a QR and UPC barcode scanner, QR reader, QR generator, QR website bookmarker, QR code business card, QR code address book, and QR code contacts manager. Card Swapp also decodes MECARD, vCard, vCard 2.1, vCard 3.0, vCard 4.0, and can send money via Paypal. You can make notes about every scanned item saved.
This app fits under the categories of QR,reader,generator,scanner,barcode,barcode scanner,business card,address book,social media,QR reader, vcard,contacts manager,2D barcode,Quick Response,mecard.
QR Code is a registered trademark of DENSO WAVE INCORPORATED
Misplace your phone often? Can't ring yourself because it was in silent mode? This small and simple app will take you out of silent mode if the same person calls you 2 times within 1 minute period. Useful when there is a family emergency when someone is trying to reach you.
Scan barcodes while shopping to compare prices. Scan barcodes to exchange business cards or to send payment via Paypal. Scan barcodes you see on magazines.
QR Code is a registered trademark of DENSO WAVE INCORPORATED