My Change Plan helps you quit or reduce smoking cigarettes. It was developed by clinicians and researchers at the Nicotine Dependence Clinic at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH). CAMH is Canada’s leading addictions and mental health treatment and research institution. The App is based on resources developed and curated by the experts at CAMH, and it has been tested with clients who were trying to quit smoking.
In the app you can create a personalized change plan, including your triggers, coping mechanisms, and your motivations for quitting or reducing smoking. You can also identify people who you can reach out to for support, and create a custom support team within the app. With the information you provide, My Change Plan tracks your progress with easy-to-use graphs and statistics. You can choose your end goals, including a quit date or a date to reduce smoking by, so that your Change Plan is in your hands!
My Change Plan allows you to:
• Complete a personalized Change Plan questionnaire
• Log smoking and/or cravings
• Describe personal triggers and coping methods to manage cravings
• Describe personalized motivations for change motivational messages via either text or image or audio clip
• Track how much money you save by changing your smoking
• Track the health benefits you achieve by changing your smoking
• Create a support team that can help you manage your cravings
• Track the time, location, mood, and craving of your last smoke
• Track smoke-free days
• Set up optional alerts to receive facts about smoking, inspiring quotes, reminders to log smoking, etc.
• Learn more about nicotine replacement therapy, nutrition facts, physical activity and other smoking-related behaviours
• Access online resources to further support you with your change plan
*Please note that this app is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. This Application is distributed by CAMH; however CAMH has no control over, and makes no representations or warranties, expressed or implied, regarding the use of this application or the use or interpretation of any information stored on this Application.