Truple - Porn Filter is a lightweight DNS filter that runs as a VPN service.
• Blocks adult content sites, phishing sites, and optionally mixed content sites (using family filter)
• Works for all browsers, apps, etc.
• Filters incognito mode / private browser modes
• Runs on startup
• Safe search enforced on most search engines (using family filter)
• (Premium) VPN auto-reconnect
• (Premium) App blocker
• (Premium) Send a text message alert to a friend when filter is locked/unlocked*, or when the VPN service is forcibly shutdown
• (Premium) Use a Pin to lock the filter. Locking makes it extremely difficult, if not impossible, for the filter to be shutdown or the app uninstalled. (if you get locked out, email firstname.lastname@example.org and I can provide you with an unlock pin good for 24 hours).
• (Premium) Set a delay (5 mins - 72 hours) before unlocking the filter.
* US and Canadian mobile numbers only. Rolling limit of 100 total messages in a 31 day period. You will be alerted if you go over the limit. This should be a sufficient amount, but if you find it isn't please contact email@example.com.
Premium features require a subscription of $5 / month ($4.17 / month if paid annually).
Some internet service providers (ISP) may block the DNS filtering service. Unfortunately the only people who can "fix" this are your network administrators and/or your ISP.
If an app stops working while the filter is running, then whitelist that app! Some apps have been permanently white-listed already.
• You cannot use another VPN and the filter at the same time.
• Truple filter is not a full-fledged VPN, and will not encrypt all of your traffic.
• If you have issues clicking the "ok" button on the VPN dialog asking if you'd like to connect, please check that you don't have any screen overlays on, as they can impact your ability to click the "ok" button.
This app uses Accessibility services. It uses the BIND_ACCESSIBILITY_SERVICE permission in order to lock the filter and prevent unauthorized attempts to bypass the lock.
This app uses the Device Administrator permission. The Device Administrator permission is used to prevent "force stop" and "uninstall" attempts when the filter is locked.