Connect Nursing empowers the clinician to make informed decisions faster by pushing patient information for assigned patients to caregivers. A subset of clinical and patient information from the Electronic Health Record (EHR) is available for reference on the go throughout the hospital.
With Connect Nursing caregivers can:
• Review information in context of their patients
• View lists of patients
• Declare relationships with patients
• View and administer a patient's active pending medication, intermittent, immunization, and continuous activities using barcode technology to verify the ‘Five Rights’ of medication safety.
• View, call, or send a message to care team members assigned to a patient.
• Associate or disassociate various types of devices to a patient, such as a physiological monitor, vitals machine, and ventilator.
IMPORTANT: Connect Nursing requires your organization to have a valid license and be on release 2012.01 or higher. If you are unsure about the availability of Connect Nursing at your organization, please contact your IT department or your Cerner representative. For more information, please contact 1-800-927-1024.