Rush the university's secret societies as a first-year Magical Studies major! Will you keep your magic a secret from the mundanes or expose the truth?
"Witchcraft U" is a 200,000-word interactive fantasy novel by Jei D. Marcade. It's entirely text-based, without graphics or sound effects, and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
You're a fresh-faced new student at Larkspur University, a college for witches that began accepting mundanes a few decades ago. (Strangely, the mundanes never seem to notice the witches.) It's your first time living away from home, and that means new spells, new friends, and new opportunities for romance!
Three secret societies control the university, and they've all taken a special interest in you. But you have secrets of your own: namely, your family's underworld criminal empire--and just when you think you're out, they pull you back in.
As a first-generation university student, the pressure's on to make friends, find a date, maintain your grades, hold down a part-time job, and prove to your family that you belong here, while keeping your magical abilities a secret from your mundane peers.
Will you rush one of the secret societies or rebuke them? Dress to impress or attend lecture in PJs? Will you choose the path most likely to lead you to fulfilment, knowledge, influence, or wealth? What kind of witch will you be?
• Play as male, female, or nonbinary; gay, straight, bi, or asexual
• Hone your spellcraft in one of four magical tracks
• Collaborate with your classmates, compete against them, or hook up with them
• Support the mundane students or sabotage their plans
• Inherit a criminal empire or abdicate the throne
• Keep your grades up or lose your scholarship
• Avoid the abyssal gaze of the Campus Squirrel
See you next semester at Witchcraft U!