WELCOME TO THE FISHING GUIDE!
Our traffic light shows which fish you can eat with a clear conscience.
BECOME A FISH EXPERT!
Find facts about the stock situation and the impact of fishing.
HELP STOP OVERFISHING!
Only buy fish rated green.
Eat fish as a rare delicacy and look out for certifications!
The long-standing overexploitation of the seas has meant that 33% of the world's fish stocks are overfished and 60% are fully fished. With the right shopping behavior, you can help to conserve fish stocks!
The WWF fish guide helps with this: An understandable traffic light system with the categories “Good choice”, “Second choice” and “Better not” shows which fish you can buy and which you should currently avoid. As a basis for this, WWF regularly evaluates fisheries and aquacultures around the world.
Your decision is important! If possible, only buy fish and seafood from the “Good Choice” category. This is how you can help us to preserve fish stocks for the future!
HOW THE APP WORKS:
- Simply click on a selected fish to find out more about the biology, stock situation, effects on the ecosystem and management
- The evaluation of the fish is based on a database analysis of the WWF according to fish species, fishing area and fishing method
- Search window for species search for fish
- Filter function (GREEN, YELLOW, RED)
- Facts about fishing, fish stocks, overfishing
- FAQ area for the correct purchase recommendation when buying fish
- Revised ratings and improved, new design