Nurikabe are addictive island-forming puzzles which were invented in Japan. Using pure logic and requiring no math to solve, these fascinating puzzles offer endless fun and intellectual entertainment to puzzle fans of all skills and ages.
Each puzzle consists of a grid containing clues in various places. The object is to create islands by partitioning between clues with walls so that the number of squares in each island is equal to the value of the clue, all walls form a continuous path and there are no wall areas of 2x2 or larger. Each island must contain one clue and be isolated from other islands horizontally and vertically.
The game features a highlighting option to help see if a wall segment is about to become isolated, and an island size counter to view how many squares belong to an island.
For more fun, Conceptis Nurikabe includes a Weekly Bonus section providing an extra free puzzle each week.
• 90 free Classic Nurikabe puzzle samples
• 30 extra-large puzzles bonus for tablet only
• Extra bonus puzzle published free each week
• Multiple difficulty levels from very easy to extremely hard
• Puzzle library continuously updates with new content
• Manually selected, top quality puzzles
• Unique solution for each puzzle
• Hours of intellectual challenge and fun
• Sharpens logic and improves cognitive skills
• Concurrently playing and saving multiple puzzles
• Puzzle library sorting and hiding options
• Unlimited Undo and Redo
• Highlight wall segments
• Show island size counter
• Check puzzle
• Track puzzle solving times
Nurikabe have also become popular under other names such as Islands in the Stream and Cell Structure. Similar to Sudoku, Kakuro and Hashi, the puzzles are solved using logic alone. All puzzles in this app are produced by Conceptis Ltd. - the leading supplier of logic puzzles to printed and electronic gaming media all over the world. On average, more than 20 million Conceptis puzzles are solved each day in newspapers, magazines, books and online as well as on smartphones and tablets across the world.