I use this app on a Samsung galaxy S7 that I mount on my snowmobile. Having the offline map is great when I'm on trips where I haven't been before. I pull in a jpeg of the local trail map and this app tells me where I'm at related to the tail system whether I'm on or off trail. And is offline!! Would be cool if I could make one or more of the info numbers bigger so it's easier to see when on a snowmobile. Keep up the bug fixes! Thanks.
Great app The only feature request would be to be able to have transparency through the old map to see the modern maps after saving. That would make it easier find where I am while in the field. Still better than anything else I've tried.
Finally a way to use custom maps Need to allow the transparency of the gps and custom map to merge when finalized. Helps to self locate/orient yourself with terrain features not on your hand drawn map.
Some old added maps do not show I haven't use this app for some times. When I tried to open an old added map to view today, the app didn't show the jpg map. This happens to some old added maps but not all. Strange!
Sd card is not accessible By sdcard alias it shows internal memory. Real sd card is not accessible. Please research at stackoferflow. 'Sdcard' is not universal alias for sd card.
I love this app - works just great! I have used it with scans of paper maps (saved as .jpg images) as well as photos taken with my phone camera, and they work fantastic! You may need to adjust the points for accuracy when you first use an image, but there is no similar function in any app that I know of. Email ('share') the Geo-referenced map (image) to a regular computer user, and the KML file opens in Google Earth - in the correct position and scale! I also use exported images of mapping info and tracks from QGIS, but that's another story. Now if this was only also available for IPhone. Kudos to the author!
- Fixes crashes on LG devices on Android 5.x and Motorola devices on 6.0
- Adds preference to select software rendering (recommended) or GPU rendering
- Adds preference to select 16-bit color mode (recommended) or 32-bit color mode
- GPU rendering is needed on LG devices running Android 5.x to avoid crashes
- 32-bit color mode is needed on Motorola devices running Android 6.0 to avoid crashes
- Both options limit maximum map image size
- Known issue: Missing translations for new features