If you work, live, play, or study in downtown Winnipeg, the Downtown Community Safety Partnership (DCSP) App will ensure that safety resources and contact information are close at hand to enhance your experience and your safety while downtown. Features include quick links to alert friends of your whereabouts and make sure you reach your destination safely through "Friend Walk", real-time incident reporting to the DCSP, and information about downtown safety programs and resources. Safety tips and preparedness plans will help you to keep safety top of mind wherever you may be.
DCSP App features include:
- Safety Contacts: Contact the correct services for the Downtown Winnipeg area in case of an emergency or a non-emergency concern
- Friend Walk: Send your location to a friend through email or SMS on your device. Once the friend accepts the Friend Walk request, the user picks their destination and their friend tracks their location in real time; they can keep an eye on them to make sure they make it safely to their destination.
- Tip Reporting: Multiple ways to report a safety/security concern directly to DCSP.
- Virtual WalkHome: Allows DCSP to monitor a user’s walk. If a user feels unsafe when walking downtown, they can request a Virtual WalkHome and a DCSP member will monitor their journey until they safely reach their destination.
- Safety Toolbox: Enhance your safety with the set of tools provided in one convenient app including Courtesy Walk/Safe Walk requests.
- Maps: Navigate around the Downtown Winnipeg area.
- Emergency Preparedness: Emergency documentation that can prepare you for disasters or emergencies. This can be accessed even when users aren’t connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data.
- Social Service Resources: Access support resources in one convenient app to enjoy a successful experience in downtown Winnipeg.
- Safety Notifications: Receive instant notifications and instructions from the DCSP when emergencies occur.
Download today to access resources, tools and contact information to help you take safe steps when you are in downtown Winnipeg.