Safe Redbirds is the official safety app of Illinois State University. It is the only app that integrates with ISU's safety and security systems. ISU Police worked to develop a unique app that provides students, faculty, staff and guests with added safety on the Illinois State University campus. The app will send you important safety alerts and provide instant access to campus safety resources.
Safe Redbirds features include:
- Emergency Contacts: Contact the correct services for the Illinois State University area in case of an emergency or a non-emergency concern
- Friend Walk: Send your location to a friend through email or SMS on your device. Once the friend accepts the Friend Walk request, the user picks their destination and their friend tracks their location in real time; they can keep an eye on them to make sure they make it safely to their destination.
- Tip Reporting: Multiple ways to report a safety/security concern directly to ISU Police.
- Virtual Safe Walk: Allow ISU Police to monitor a user’s walk. If a user feels unsafe when walking on campus, they can request a Virtual WalkHome and a dispatcher on the other end will monitor their journey until they reach their destination.
- Safety Toolbox: Enhance your safety with the set of tools provided in one convenient app.
- Notification History: Find previous Push Notifications for this app with the date and time.
- Share Map with your Location: Send your location to a friend by sending them a map of your position.
- I’m OK!: Send your location and a message indicating that “You’re OK” to a recipient of your choosing.
- Campus Map: Navigate around the ISU area.
- Emergency Plans: Campus emergency documentation that can prepare you for disasters or emergencies. This can be accessed even when users aren’t connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data.
- Safety Notifications: Receive instant notifications and instructions from ISU safety when on-campus emergencies occur.
- WorkAlone: Use the app to "check in" with you periodically while working alone or during late hours. If you don't respond, the app will alert ISU Police.
Download today to ensure you’re prepared in the event of an emergency.