Safe Redbirds is the official safety app of Illinois State University. It is the only app that integrates with ISU's safety and security systems. ISU Police and Emergency Management worked together to develop a unique app that provides students, faculty, staff, and guests with added safety on the Illinois State University campus. The app will send you important safety alerts and provide instant access to campus safety resources.
Safe Redbirds features include:
- Emergency Numbers: Contact the correct services for the Illinois State University area in case of an emergency or a non-emergency concern.
- Emergency Guides: Campus emergency documentation with instructions on what to do in different types of emergency situations. Guides are available in both plain text and short video clips. Text guides can be accessed even when users aren’t connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data, but video clips do require a data connection.
- Virtual Blue Light: Similar to the blue light emergency phones located around campus, the Virtual Blue Light feature allows you to speak with an ISU Police dispatcher and simultaneously share your location with them in real time. This feature is only available on or near campus.
- Redbird Safe Walk: Request ISU Police have a representative walk with you on campus.
- Virtual Safe Walk: Allow an ISU Police dispatcher to monitor your walk. If you would like an added level of safety when walking on or near campus, you can request a Virtual Safe Walk and a dispatcher on the other end will monitor your journey until you reach your destination.
- Friend Walk: The app sends your location to a friend through email or SMS from your device. Once the friend accepts the Friend Walk request, you pick your destination and your friend tracks your location in real time; they can keep an eye on you to make sure you make it safely to your destination. Your friend does not need the Safe Redbird app for this feature.
- WorkAlone: Use the app to "check in" with you periodically while working alone or during late hours. If you don't respond, the app will alert a pre-designated contact.
- Tip Reporting: Multiple ways to report a safety/security concern directly to ISU Police and other key offices on campus.
- Safety Toolbox: Enhance your safety with the set of tools provided in one convenient app.
- Share Map with your Location: Send your location to a friend by sending them a map of your position.
- I’m OK!: Send your location and a message indicating that “You’re OK” to a recipient of your choosing.
- Campus Maps:
- Campus Map: Navigate around ISU’s campus and see details about each campus building.
- Where’s My Bus?: Track the Redbird Express or other Connect Transit lines in real time.
- Campus Parking Map: See details of all parking lots on campus.
- Campus AEDs: Interactive map with the locations of all AEDs on campus.
- Evacuation Assembly Areas: Interactive map with pre-designated emergency evacuation assembly areas.
- Blue Light Phones: Interactive map showing all physical blue light phones on campus.
- Pawfficer Sage page: Pawfficer Sage now has her own page in the Safe Redbirds App, with details about her and a form to request Sage and the University Police Community Engagement Unit for your event.
- Alerts, Crime Advisories, and Community Updates: Learn about the difference between ISU Emergency Alerts, Crime Advisories, and Community Updates, and see a history of notifications received through the app.
Download today to ensure you’re prepared in the event of an emergency.