Are your figure drawings stiff? Are they looking like a snowman?
So, you need to practice gesture to make your figure drawings alive.
Gesture is a common process of drawing among Figure Drawing artists and Animators. It's used to abstract the forms and movements of the body, to capture the essence and body language of the model that is being studied.
In this kind of practice the artist should not focus in the details and contour of the form, it's all about rhythm, motion, action and flow. That's why in this practice is often better to exaggerate the curves to tell a better story and composition. Remember, gesture is king!
How Gesture Drawing Pro could make a difference to you:
- This tool can train your eye to better recognize forms, understand the connections between them.
- Create a visual library to create characters and poses from imagination, helping you in your quest to become a comic artist, character designer, concept artist or just as a hobbyist.
- Challenge yourself! Get faster by choosing a shorter time limit once in a while.
- With the help of 3 different practice modes you will have an infinite combination of practices that can be customized to suit your needs.
- Practice a little bit everyday, turning it into a daily habit will surely improve your drawings.