Dashcam for your Bike is built for bicycle commuters.
Use your smartphone's camera to record your rides. Our low-power standby mode can last up to 48 hours, and our battery-saving features let you record up to six hours on a single charge.
In standby mode, you're ready to record any hazard you encounter with a single tap of the screen. The app uses nearly zero battery while in standby.
The average commute uses just 4% of your battery. We recommend you record every commute or short trip, and leave the app on standby mode for longer rides.
Stay safe on the road with these features:
- Report hazardous conditions to your city officials
- Have video evidence in case of a crash
- Capture dangerous moments and share with your local bike advocacy organization
- Feel safe knowing that aggressive drivers will be caught on tape, including their license plate
- Create compilation videos to share group rides and give your friends FOMO
- Share cars parked in bike lanes with 311, or whoever deals with this in your city
- Doesn't disrupt your music or podcasts: Record video while playing through phone speakers or bluetooth headphones
- Super-low-power: automatically enters low-power-mode
- Gesture-based controls so you can start and stop recording without looking at your phone
- Records GPS tracks and overlays footage on a 3D map
- Export timelapse videos, up to 4x speed (nobody wants to watch your 10 minute ride at 1x speed!)
- Export videos to social media or save to your phone
- Export compilation videos
- Uses a looping buffer to automatically manage your storage
- Works in portrait or landscape mode
Premium features for subscribers:
- Background Recording: Continue recording Picture-in-Picture while looking at other apps, like Maps
- Cinematic stabilization (available on Android 13+).
- Remove the watermark
- Multiple dashboard themes, including our new "Driver's Seat Perspective" overlay to show the absurdity of what commuters can encounter
Privacy and Security:
- Your videos and GPS tracks are stored locally on your phone, not on our servers
- If you don't have a compatible phone mount, you can see our suggestions at https://dashcam.bike/mounts
- No external cameras are needed. We use your smartphone camera.
- You can mount your camera on your handlebars to record in front of you, or on your seat post to record behind you.