DayCape is a app to help children with visual structure. It very simply displays with images and visual time what tasks needs to be done during the day. Also it enables a web tool for supporters to the child such as parents, teachers and mentor to plan and send tasks directly to the childs app. This can be used to plan the day for whole families or school classes.
This is an app especially created for supporting children with diagnoses such as autism and other diagnoses. But it’s also a great support for all children with their daily life. Also it’s great support even for adults with need of extra personal assist. It’s based on research, interviews and usertestings with families with autistic children, schools that provide special care and other support organizations for autistic children.
App features include:
- Choose of images from your own phone or the DayCape library.
- Notification reminders.
- Visual coloured time tracking
- Written messenger for each tasks.
- Webb planning tool for parents, teachers and mentors on the website:
- Mobile adaptive web planning tool
- Plan for multiple children management in the web tool
- Manage multiple supporters in the web tool
- Image uploading and choices from illustrations and pictograms.
- Secure connection for the child without unnecessary logouts.
We are a small team dedicated to create change for children in special need and are supported by the children right organization Reach for change. If you have suggestions on how we could improve our support feel free to contact us.