Nautical enthusiasts know this: a fall into the sea quickly arrives and prolonged immersion in water can be fatal.
During its interventions, the SNSM noted that practitioners are rarely equipped with devices that would allow them to communicate their situation and locate them so that they can be rescued as quickly as possible.
This is why, the SNSM in association with ido-data and Philippe Starck imagined DIAL, an Individual Warning and Localization Device connected to emergency services, adapted to the practice of sports and nautical activities (coastal boating, nautical leisure, kitesurfing , windsurfing, paddle, ...) in order to:
- allow the practitioner to share their position with 3 trusted people when practicing their activity,
- easily transmit a geolocated alert to those close to you and to the emergency services in the event of difficulty,
- reduce rescue intervention times: at sea, a DIAL carrier is rescued in less than 30 min on average, i.e. a rescue time divided by 3.
DIAL, THE GEOLOCALIZED ALERT BRACELET
DIAL comes in the form of a waterproof GPS beacon connected to the GSM / GPRS mobile network. It fits into a silicone bracelet designed by Philippe Starck. Thanks to the included multi-operator SIM card (usable in 32 countries in Europe and in the French overseas departments), DIAL works autonomously (no need for a phone to transmit its data).
The beacon has been designed to meet the needs of water sports enthusiasts:
- GPS position transmission: to operate the beacon must be in an area covered by the mobile internet network or the GSM network. DIAL transmits its encrypted data via mobile internet (GPRS); if this network is not available DIAL transmits its data by SMS via the GSM network. The SIM card works with an annual subscription for unlimited use (1st year included when purchasing the device)
- geolocalized alerts transmitted to referents if the wearer presses the bracelet for 3 seconds, remains stationary (total absence of movement) on the ground for 3 minutes or if the beacon sends a position outside the perimeter predefined in the application
- a vibrating motor inserted in the beacon indicates whether it is on, off or in alert mode
- maximum autonomy depending on the GPS location frequency (6h to 4 days)
- waterproof up to 20 m for 4 hours (DIAL is not suitable for scuba diving or other underwater activities)
DIAL BY SNSM, A UNIQUE APPLICATION TO KEEP THE LINK AND REASSURE YOUR LOVED ONES
The application allows the owner of a tag:
- to associate it with his account
- define its bearer and up to 3 referents who will receive the alerts (bearer and referents must have previously created their own accounts)
A referent can follow several tags.
The wearer can choose to share his position with his referents outside of alert mode or only in the event of an alert.
Profiles linked to a tag (owner, carrier and referrers) can:
- consult the position of the beacon (for referents, depending on the setting chosen by the wearer and the alert status of the beacon),
- set the GPS ascent frequency (5 to 20 min),
- define a control zone allowing the emission of an alert when the beacon transmits a position outside the perimeter,
- activate or deactivate the detection of immobility of the beacon.
Referents can configure the reception channels (email, SMS, notifications) of alerts (manual, control zone, immobility). In the event of an alert, they can access via the application emergency numbers 196 and 112. When calling 196 from the application, the alert is transmitted to the CROSS and a dedicated interface allows them to view the relevant information for the best possible organization of rescue operations at sea.
More info on https://dial.snsm.org