Receive Android phone using GPS location to display the altitude.
When hiking, when traveling, your use.
I wonder altitude in the mountains, or you are wondering when the height of the terrain to use this application.
Current altitude, maximum altitude, minimum altitude is displayed.
The altimeter is 'm', 'ft', 'yd' units can be displayed.
Depending on the altitude display tick marks on the scale of 10, 100 scale, 1000 scale, you can adjust the magnification of 10,000.
It also shows current, average and maximun speed, distance, time, direction of movement, physical address where you are, maximum and minimum height of your route and you can save them to see them whenever you want.
You can view your routes in Map, post them on your Facebook profile, and share them with everybody through instant messaging clients and email.
It is ideal for running, cycling, walking, hiking, skiing, go to the mountain, recording car journeys and workouts.
You can view graphs of the height and speed of all your journeys as well as partial statistics for each mile or kilometer: average speed, time, and elevation gained or lost.
It is easily configurable, and you can choose the units you want to display information: Km / h, MPH, meters, feet.
To work properly, you must be outdoor in order to receive GPS signal.
Altitude also has a compass to help you orient yourself anytime.
View your GPS altitude or map elevation on stunning landscapes that adjust according to your local time of day.
A simple and uncluttered interface to read:
• View altitude/elevation in feet or meters
• Built-in flashlight
• Share your altitude/elevation via e-mail or Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and many more
Note: Accuracy is subject to device, location, and signal strength.
Easily measure and shows the altitude and latitude direction
You can find your direction
Useful in leisure sports Such as biking, running, climbing, fishing, paragliding, military operation
GPS sends Altitude, Latitude to you.
Please turn on GPS in your mobile phone for ACCURATE measuring
★ Based on Google map
Keywords: altitude, compass, GPS, Hiking, Trekking, bike, BTT, Altimeter
Ever wanted to know the height of a mountain you have been on? Get elevation data of any place at any time and share it with your friends.
Use the search tool to quickly get the altitude of certain spots.
Developed and tested in Austria, the heart of the Alps.
Works without activated GPS!
Can not measure the height of buildings.
- Using GPS satellites triangulation. No internet connection required, quite accurate with clean sky but works only outdoors and it's slow.
- Using the ground elevation at your current position. Accurate but require internet connection and works only if you are at ground level.
- Using the pressure sensor of your device (if available). If it's available internet connection it calibrates itself on the nearest weather station pressure to improve accuracy.
The best choice for your excursion it's the pressure sensor method. But we recommend to launch the App just before leaving so it calibrates itself taking pressure from the nearest airport weather station. So measure will be reliable for few hours even without an internet connection.
You can also calibrate the sensor to eliminate systematic error.
# This application is made by reference to mountain climbing watch.
# In fact, I wanted to buy a watch such as SUUNTO, CASIO, G-SHOCK but I was frustrated with the high price of it. So I made directly!!!
# The Main Function
1. Main Screen
- You can see all the information on the main screen.
- The weather and temperature, humidity, wind speed, sunrise / sunset's time information is displayed on top screen.
- Current time / compass / barometer-altitude / speed information is displayed in the center core.
- Location and moon phase function is displayed in the lower area.
2. Current Time
- Displays the current time and date information.
- Shows the compass and orientation information.
- If the compass is inaccurate, please wave your device in a figure 8-shaped. (Set -> User's Guide)
4. Barometer, Altimeter
- displays the this area's current barometric pressure and altitude information.
- You need using the GPS setting, if you want to the altitude information.
- When moving with the device, displays the current speed.
- You need to set a high accuracy GPS
- If you use for a long time, it can be consumed the battery quickly.
- You can use it like a flashlight.
- The locations are marked on the map.
- You can choose to Celsius (℃) or Fahrenheit (℉) of displayed temperature.
- You can check the instruction manual.
This app does not exhibit the enough performance such as a professional climbing watch. And can not guarantee 100% accuracy of the data.
The device's GPS and network usage setting is required for more accurate display.
Because high-accuracy consumes a lot of the battery, does not recommend the use of a long time.
I hope use this app only when you need it.
The App uses GPS and an air pressure sensor for smartphones.
Turn on the GPS settings are available. (GPS -ON)
The accuracy of the GPS signal strength measurements, it may be changed according to the performance of the smart phone.
Enhanced readability, a simple design with 7-segment digit.
Leisure sports, hiking, outdoor activities, etc.
*** if you like Altimeter : thank you for updating to PRO version you will get more features ***
*** Thanks for your support ! ***
Altimeter is an analog altimeter with aviation design style : its goal is to work off-line (plane or back-country).
Here are the main features :
- 3 hands analog altimeter (Hundreds, thousands & tens of thousands).
- Sensor "Autostart" feature (see preferences).
- Automatic sensor stop on exit.
- Preferences save on exit (including calibration data).
- 2 altitudes providers : Barometric sensor(*) or GPS chip (no network).
- Robust Barometric Algorithm.
- Units are feet or meters for altitude and hPa or inHg for pressure (*).
- Displays QFE / Altitude / QNH (*).
- Altitude speech.
- Calibration function(*) with altitude or pressure (QNH) including a reset function.
- User interface in English, French, German (Thanks Peter), Italian (Thanks Cosimo !).
- Free application... no ad !
(*) These functions require a barometric sensor in your android device (tablet like Motorola Xoom, Google Nexus ics 4, Samsung Note, ...).
By default the program will attempt to start with the pressure sensor. If it is not found then it switch on the GPS provider (true GPS not the network GPS). A message is displayed if the pressure sensor is not found.
Please note also that the program doesn't use Internet to get the altitude. For that reason, the program when used with GPS won't run indoor !
The GPS, was implemented to overcome the lack of pressure sensor on most devices.
The pressure sensor is very accurate : with a resolution of 0.1hPa and after calibration, accuracy is about 1m. This is awesome !
The calibration function of the pressure sensor(*) is very simple. Just enter the current altitude reference (as with a hiking altimeter). The altitude is then automatically corrected. Of course, if the atmospheric pressure falls or rises the value won't be anymore the true one. It is therefore important for a barometric altimeter to be frequently "calibrated" with a new reference.
A calibration function with the QNH pressure has been added also. It allows the altimeter to be calibrated during the fly. You have to provide the QNH pressure obtained from air traffic regulation or from grounded station.
- 자 : 단위를 변경 가능하며(센티미터↔인치), 눈금선 보이기 기능 제공
- 각도기 : 폰을 기울였을때의 각도 표시
- 수평계 : 나침반 중앙의 구슬 위치로 수평 표시
- 나침반 : 폰이 가르키는 방향 표시(예: 40˚북동)
- 고도계 : 현재 위치의 고도 표시(GPS 이용)
- 손전등 : 카메라 플래시 라이트 켜기
- 거리 및 높이 측정 : 카메라로 보이는 지점까지 거리 및 높이 측정
- 거울 : 전방 카메라 이용, 카메라 노출값 변경으로 밝기 조절
- 점수판 : 족구, 배드민턴 등 각종 경기에 사용
- 룰렛 : 손가락으로 돌리기 및 터치하기 2가지 모드 제공
- 자주사용하는 아니콘 설정 : 첫화면에 배치할 5개의 아이콘 설정
Put as many markers on the map as you like. Choose between metric and imperial elevation units. Altitude is shown for every point. It is possible to save and load points. It is also possible to get your current location.
Internet connection is required.
Please report bugs if found. Improvement suggestions are welcomed.
Use this application only for informational purposes. Do not use it for making important decisions.
Altimeter PRO allows you to get the altitude of your current location calculated by GPS. The altitude shown in meters and feet. Include Compass.
In addition, it shows your current GPS position by latitude and longitude coordinates, the accuracy of the signal and the GPS satellite time.
Very useful to know how high you are in the mountains or in your own town, calculates the cumulative drop your sport routes.
It is imperative to have the GPS enabled on your device.
Imagine... What would it be like to navigate any wilderness, waterway or city using only your phone's GPS location abilities and a view of the sky? What it would be like to create navigation destinations without the need of an internet connection and find them using only an arrow or offline maps.
That is just a glimpse of the navigational power you will hold in your hands when you install Polaris Navigation GPS.
While this app is used mainly for offroad navigation and navigating trails, it can be used for street navigation as well. This complete navigation package includes online and offline maps, a panel for all standard GPS parameters, odometers, altimeters, speedometers as well as waypoint and trail-navigation protocols. Also included in this immense tool-set:
★ Download maps for offline use from our map library.
★ No subscription fees. Does not require any special accounts.
★ A Robust waypoint management system for setting and locating your targets.
★ Trail recording and viewing.
★ Select map source (Google Maps, OpenStreetMap-Mapnik, Topo Maps, Maps from Mapquest, Cycle Route Maps, Vector Maps).
★ Cache map data based on OpenStreetMaps.
★ App supports map atlases in mbTile format- create your own custom maps.
★ GPS Satellite Diagnostics- satellite count, location and signal strength.
★ A waypoint navigation system which includes a dynamic waypoint-finding compass that will help you navigate to any saved waypoint with certainty while reporting estimated time of arrival, distance to target and other statistics.
★ Trail navigation system.
★ Trail altitude profiles
★ Email / SMS GPS location data including maps showing your position.
★ Supports many coordinate formats including latitude/longitude as degrees, deg:min, deg:min:sec, and UTM (Universal Transverse Mercator).
★ Military Coordinate Finder - Uses Military Grid Coordinate Reference System (MGRS).
★ Customizable unit reporting including support for marine navigation.
★ Select source for altitude reporting: Satellites, United States Geologic Survey or Mapquest's Altitude Service.
★ Turn-by-turn voice directions and route maps are included for street navigation.
★ Data protection System- Your data is backed up regularly meaning you will not lose your progress should your battery need replacement while en route to your destination.
★★ "A Great Navi GPS for Hiking, Boating, Fishing, Hunting, Geocaching, Camping, Sailing, Mountain Biking or wherever your outdoor activities take you!"
★ Additional Screenshots at: http://www.gps4free.com ★
This app receives frequent free upgrades. Recent upgrades delivered to our users:
- Map library with maps for over 400 countries and states.
- Waypoint Calculator
- Background Trail GPS recording option.
- Added auto-center controls to trail navigation screen.
- Added magnetic compass sensitivity controls.
- Send waypoint and trail data directly to GPS Waypoints Navigator
- Waypoint photography
- CREATE MBTILES BASED MAPS FOR OFFLINE NAVIGATION. INSTRUCTION VIDEO AT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3RtFvPna1A
- Added Map Search and Coordinate Conversion capabilities with the new MapIt plug-in.
- Maps now viewable in landscape mode.
- Added MGRS (military grid reference) coordinate system and power saving options.
- Offline maps and alternate map sources for backcountry navigation.
- UTM Coordinates
- Improved compatibility for marine navigation with addition of nautical units and coordinates
-Multiple altitude sourcing- Satellites, US Geo Survey and Mapquest.
🔍✅ COMPARE POLARIS NAVIGATION AND GPS WAYPOINTS NAVIGATOR AT:
Bike doesn't have a cycling speedometer and odometer? This is the app for you! Just be sure to mount the phone safely on your bicycle. Also makes a great pedometer.
- Bonus: Free route recorder and trip logger.
★ Unlimited access to our vector map library with over 400 maps. Download maps for offline use.
★ Waypoint and Trail Management Systems.
★ Waypoint Search.
★ Waypoint File System.
★ Waypoint photography.
★ Lots of maps! Choose from multiple sources: Downloadable Vector Maps, Topo Maps, Google Maps, Satellite Maps, OpenStreetMaps- MapNik, Mapquest, Cycling Maps OpenSeaMap.
★ KML file importing and exporting for trails and waypoints. Data is viewable and navigable on your friend's devices and in Google Earth.
★ A panel for all your GPS parameters.
★ Navigational compasses.
★ Trail Recorder.
★ Military Coordinate Finder
★ Several waypoint creation tools: Enter coordinates, set a waypoint by tapping on a map, save your current position or enter an address (voice entry supported).
★ Two Waypoint Guidance Systems including a dynamic waypoint compass that always points to your target and a new navigation concept- GPS Reflected Pseudo-Radar (available only from DS Software).
★ Trail Guidance System.
★ Map Search: Supports entry of addresses and coordinates in just about any format including UTM and MGRS.
★ Satellite reports including satellite signal bar graphs and satellite position mapping.
★ Email a map of your position. Navigation software not required on recipient's device.
★ Seamless integration with Google Earth.
★ Different GUI 's to choose from.
★ Data reporting for marine navigation.
★ Supports several coordinate formats: Latitude/Longitude as degrees, deg:min or deg:min:sec, UTM, MGRS.
★ Proximity alerts.
★ Altitude profiling determined from your position matched to altitude values in land survey databases providing you with values that are more reliable than altitude values returned from your device's GPS chip.
★ Map with floating reticule that shows your position with bearing and distance to reticule.
★ Sunrise Sunset report- Does not require a network connection. Useful for planning expedition turn around time or time to make camp.
★ Data is backed up allowing battery change without data loss.
This premium navigation system is ad-free
★ Check out our YouTube product demo at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K9dGhZG73s
- Turn-by-turn driving directions and driving maps.
- You decide how compasses are controlled- By GPS or magnetically. Use magnetic control for indoors, underground or in caves.
- Customized unit reporting: Units reported as either U.S, Nautical or SI/Metric
- Detailed Help file
- Excellent customer service
- Supports multiple languages: English, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Japanese, French, Italian, Russian, Chinese (traditional and simplified).
With GPS Waypoints Navigator, every navigation experience will be as easy as a walk in the park!
★ Recent Additions ★
- WAYPOINT SEARCH
- WAYPOINT CALCULATOR
- BACKGROUND TRAIL RECORDING
- ADDED AUTO-CENTER CONTROLS TO TRAIL NAVIGATION SCREEN.
- MARINE MARKERS
- WAYPOINT PHOTOGRAPHY
- MAP SEARCH
- CREATE A WAYPOINT BY ENTERING AN ADDRESS. VIEW APPROXIMATE ADDRESS FOR CURRENT POSITION.
- ALTITUDE SUPPORT: Users now have the option to chose Satellite, United States Geologic Survey location based altitude or Mapquest's Altitude Service for altitude reporting. USGS and Mapquest data are generally more accurate but require a network connection. USGS available only in contiguous U.S.A, Canada and Mexico.
"5 stars. Finally a nice simple way to find my car that actually works, and not only the car. It works on anything to find your way back."
"Great car-finder. Does a great job of finding my car. In my tests it is accurate to 4 meters which is fantastic for a phone gps. Good work and thanks for a great app! "
We have loaded the app with all kinds of extras to entertain as well as navigate!
** DS Software specializes in mobile navigation solutions.
For devices equipped with a barometer, this application uses the Atmospheric Pressure measured by your phone to calculate the Sea Level Adjusted Barometric Pressure at your location. Temperature and Altitude, also used in the calculation, are obtained by matching your position against weather and altitude survey databases. These values are more reliable than the values returned from your GPS chip and your phone's temperature sensor and may result in a more meaningful barometric pressure reading.
Devices without a barometric pressure sensor will show the barometric pressure at your location by using your GPS and internet connection.
★ Now includes an option that allows the application to perform behind-the-scenes atmospheric pressure monitoring with a visual representation of the pressure trends as a line graph.
★ "DS Barometer. Reliable: Works Great Under Pressure!"
Altimeter and thermometer included.
* Latitude / Longitude (any format)
* UTM (Universal Transverse Mercator)
* MGRS (Military Grid Reference - USA and NATO)
* Maidenhead (For Ham Radio enthusiasts)
Get distance to any location and convert easily between multiple coordinate formats.
Several map types are included: satellite / aerial maps, topographic maps / terrain maps, and street maps.
Also provides additional functionality to Polaris Navigation GPS ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.discipleskies.android.polarisnavigation )
- Maps are now bigger.
- Looks better on more devices!
- Improved response rate for reverse geocoding (technical language for "address finding"). Thanks to Cameron Hall of Hamilton, Ontario, Canada and Basile Laderchi, Athens, Greece for some great user feedback and suggestions.
📏 Create land surveys.
📏 Measure distance.
📏 Measure area.
📏 Measure perimeter.
📏 Shortest distance to a line.
Draw a shape or plot points on a map and store trail length, perimeter and area along with a visual representation of your work.
Another method uses your phone's location awareness capabilities allowing you to record a survey while walking or driving.
All survey data can be stored to a database which is completely editable.
Need to find the shortest distance to a line between two locations? No problem! Enter coordinates, use your current location or drop pins on a map to set your line and your point.
A compass and GPS reporting are included.
Great for real estate, surveyors, engineers, builders and construction.
From DS Software
Few devices are equipped with a humidity sensor, but if your device has one, you will have the option to get the humidity directly from your Droid's hardware or from a weather service. If your device does not have the sensor, don't fret... We are able to take your location, determined by your device's GPS and with a little internet help, the app will show the humidity outdoors at your location.
Another fun and useful app from DS Software.
From DS Software, the leader in quality mobile navigation tools.
All devices will show the temperature outdoors at your location or at any location world-wide. Construct a list of your favorite locations and watch the mercury rise or fall according to the laws of real mercury column physics.
If your device is equipped with an ambient temperature sensor you will automatically get the temperature for your immediate vicinity. Devices without the sensor will default to collect the temperature outdoors.
☆ Includes a digital thermometer.
☆ Great for following the weather at home or abroad!
Another fun and useful app from DS Software.
** XXX High-DEFINITION available on select devices.