Land Calculator is a powerful, yet easy-to-use complete set of land measurement and survey tools for Android devices that is a favorite among field workers, farmers, engineers, GIS students and professionals.
Use the app to make all kinds of map and land calculations. Draw on a map, walk a field while recording your path or enter coordinates - that is all there is to it.
The app's most commonly performed tasks include:
📏 Get land area and perimeter for any shape field by walking or driving its perimeter.
📏 Create a field survey by drawing any shape on a map to get its enclosed area and perimeter. Combine points and curves to make the best possible map survey.
Basically supports any shape you can draw! If you make a mistake, it is easy to erase your last steps.
📏 Measure point to point distances with various map tools and survey tools.
📏 Area and perimeter unit conversion tool.
📏 Shortest distance to a line with accurate connecting geodesics.
The app includes:
● Multiple coordinate systems including: WGS 84, British Ordnance Survey (OSG36 Datum), ANS, NAD 27, ED 50, NAD 83 and several others.
● A backup and restore features: Secure and restore your work by saving and restoring your work saved as KML files. Share surveys to colleagues who may view your work in Google Earth on their desktop computer or phone or in Land Calculator. Got a new phone and all your work is on the old phone? No problem! Import all your old work into your new phone with the application's single click restore process.
● Use the data generated by this application in ArcGIS by converting the app's KML files with ArcGIS' KML2Layer feature, or, use KML Tools to convert the application's KML files to DXF (Drawing Exchange Format) for use in drawing programs like AutoCad and SketchUp.
A GPS-controlled compass and GPS reporting are included to assist with your field surveys.
● Used by Real Estate agents to measure property size.
● Insurance agents use the app to measure property size for adjustment purposes.
● Property inspectors use the app to get property measurements used in mortgage calculations.
If you need to make a highly specialized type of calculation and you don't see the tools in the app for it, contact us at:
and we will consider developing and adding the specialized tool you need.