Land Calculator is a powerful, yet easy-to-use complete set of field measurement and survey tools for Android devices that is a favorite among field workers, farmers, engineers, GIS students and professionals.
A unique feature of this app is that it allows you to measure area and perimeter for ANY land shape. You are not restricted to creating shapes bounded by straight lines and you do not have to approximate curves by dividing them into multiple line segments. The result is more accurate field calculations than you can get with other land measurement tools.
The app's most commonly performed tasks include:
📏 Create a field survey by drawing any shape on a map to get its enclosed area and perimeter. Combine points and curves to make the best possible map survey. Supports any shape you can draw!
📏 Get land area and perimeter for any shape field by walking or driving its perimeter.
📏 Measure point to point distances with various map tools and survey tools.
📏 Area and perimeter unit conversion tool.
📏 Shortest distance to a line with accurate connecting geodesics.
The app includes:
● Selection of coordinate systems including: WGS 84, British Ordnance Survey (OSG36 Datum), ANS, NAD 27, ED 50, NAD 83 and several others.
● A backup and restore feature: Secure and restore your work using the app's kml backup and importing features. Share surveys to colleagues who may view your work in Google Earth on their desktop computer or phone or in Land Calculator. Got a new phone and all your work is on the old phone? No problem! Import all your old work into your new phone with the application's single click restore process.
● Use the data generated by this application in ArcGIS by converting the app's KML files with ArcGIS' KML2Layer feature, or, use KML Tools to convert the application's KML files to DXF (Drawing Exchange Format) for use in drawing programs like AutoCad and SketchUp.
A GPS-controlled compass and GPS reporting are included to assist with your field surveys.
Who uses this app?
● Used by farmers to calculate equipment needs, seed requirements, estimate water usage, estimate harvest quantity and crop value.
● Used by Real Estate agents to measure property size.
● Insurance agents use the app to measure property size for adjustment purposes.
● Property inspectors use the app to get property measurements used in mortgage calculations.
● Used by land improvement businesses to estimate fencing supply needs and other construction supplies.
If you need to make a highly specialized type of calculation and you don't see the tools in the app for it, contact us at:
and we will consider developing and adding the specialized tool you need.