The Distinctive Systems Driver Walk-around Check App is a companion app for Distinctive Systems Coach Manager, Tour Booking System (TBS) and Vehicle Maintenance System (VMS) users.
The app makes it easier than ever to ensure drivers are complying with their statutory duty to carry out a daily walk-around check and report any defects found. The app guides the driver through the complete process of performing their walk-around check. Against each item to be checked, the driver must either touch a green button to say it is OK, or touch a red one to report a defect. When a defect is found the driver can choose from a list of predefined common defects or enter a free type description. Up to four supporting photographs can also be included for each defect.
- Complies with all statutory walk-around check and defect recording requirements
- Workshop automatically notified when new defects are reported
- Coach Manager integration keeps traffic office appraised of outstanding defects
- Guides the driver through the walk-around check procedure
- Records the time taken to complete the check and its GPS location
- Predefined common defects for each check item speeds up defect reporting
- Free type description and up to four photographs per defect
- Defects can be flagged as completed in the back office system
- Work carried out can be recorded in the back office system
- Non-completed check reporting via Coach Manager vehicle utilisation data
- Nil defect, outstanding defect and completed defect reporting
- Customisable check items and predefined common defects
A current software subscription or maintenance agreement is required for one of our three main systems (Coach Manager, TBS or VMS) to use this app.