For more KDSmart information, visit http://www.kddart.org/kdsmart.html or the User Guide at http://www.kddart.org/help/
KDSmart lets you perform phenotypic data scoring in the field.
• Trial: also known as Experiment or Study, multiple Trials may be loaded into KDSmart
• Plot: a Trial contains multiple Plots in rows and columns
• Sub-Plot: if desired, you may decide to score multiple Sub-Plots within each Plot
• Trait: a phenotype to score for each Plot or Sub-Plot
• Trait Instance: you may score multiple instances of each Trait
A Trait may have a predefined range of values to allow single-touch scoring using a "pick-from-list" approach. You can associate many Traits for the Plots/Sub-Plots in a Trial but select a subset of these to be scored during a specific field scoring visit.
Other attributes of Plots and Sub-Plots are:
• Note: a text string
• Quick Tags: for quick annotation of a Plot/Sub-Plot
• Attachments: Photos and Video or Audio recordings
Quick Tags may be created while in the field or pre-defined and loaded into KDSmart by using the companion desktop application KDXplore. You may apply zero, one or more Quick Tags to each Plot/Sub-Plot.
We use the term Sub-Plot as KDSmart may be used for any type of flora/fauna relevant to your trial or experiment. Similarly, a Plot may be any partitioning of the Trial (in this version we support Plot-Id, Row and Column, Block partitioning) and not all rows and columns need to be present.
When required, data recorded by KDSmart may be exported for transfer to other computer systems where it may be analysed or stored in a database. While this can be done by uploading or file transfer, it is more readily and seamlessly done using the KDXplore desktop application.
KDSmart is part of a suite of Diversity Arrays software supporting phenotypic, genetic and environmental data collection, storage and analysis. These products are aimed at breeding and pre-breeding applications but may also be used in multidisciplinary agro-ecological and environmental research undertakings.
Please see http://www.kddart.org for further details.