Barcode scanner for obtaining product data, country of brand registration, checksum verification for EAN-13.
The application allows to determine the country and calculate the checksum by the barcode. Data entry can be done in two convenient ways:
1. Reading the barcode with a scanner (ie, your camera) - in this case, after receiving the code, the program will display the country of registration of the brand of the product (not to be confused with the production of the product) and will calculate the checksum (using the checksum, you can determine whether the product is genuine) ;
2. Entering a barcode through the keyboard - when entering numbers in this way, the information about the country and the checksum will be updated after each press, thus if you only need to know the country, there is no need to enter the entire barcode.
From version 2.0, the application can search for product data on the Internet.
In version 3.0, the list of databases for search has been expanded, own database has been added, which will gradually expand with the number of product names. Now all scanned codes are saved in the application - you can always scroll through the history and display information about the product again.
1. The program works with all barcodes (in manual mode only with EAN-13);
2. Does not require an Internet connection if you need to check the country of registration of the brand and calculate the checksum only. If you want to get information about the product - the Internet connection must be;
3. Barcodes are read by a scanner (using a camera) using the open source library ZXing.