Robin is your voice assistant on the road, bringing you texting by voice, local information, GPS navigation and even jokes, while keeping your eyes on the road. Voice in, voice out. Plus, she has more personality than Siri, Google Now or Cortana!
** Endorsed by TechCrunch, CNET, Wired, Lifehacker, etc. **
Users say: “After trying Samsung's S-Voice, Assistant, Skyvi, Vlingo, AIVC/Alice and Sherpa …Robin is the best voice app of its kind; clearly the best choice for drivers in need of information on the road.”
Ask Robin for directions & places, parking & traffic, your Facebook & Twitter news, gas prices & weather, reminders & alarms, messaging and much more - all hands-free ;)
Robin is a personal assistant that can be both useful and fun, constantly learning and adapting to you. She'll even call you whatever names you want! Just tap the microphone button, and Robin will be all ears. Or, "wave hello" twice in front of your phone’s upper edge (or brush/tap it lightly).
Compare to voice assistants and chatbots such as Siri, Nuance, Dragon, Vlingo, Evi, Voice, VoiceSearch, SpeaktoIt Assistant, Skyvi and Google Now, as well as GPS navigation such as Waze, Scout, MapQuest, Navigon, Garmin, TomTom, MotionX, Yelp, etc.
• Robin is currently in Beta, still a student. That means you can watch her intelligence evolve daily and even get to contribute a little. Come be a part of the experience!
• Gesture activation: normally, you just need to wave your hand twice close to the top edge of your phone. For best results, we recommend using the "double-brush" gesture, where your hand actually touches the phone lightly. Certain devices require specific tuning - we are working down that list as we speak.
• Permissions: Robin will never email your contacts without your knowledge! It does need a permission to access you calendar for reminders reminders, and to your GMail in case you want email narration – that’s all. The wording Google Play uses can be misleading.
• Trouble with a particular location? Missing point of interest? Any issue at all? For best results, give your feedback to Robin right from within the app, so we have more information to actually fix the issue ASAP. See what people say about our speed to address reported issues.
QUESTIONS? COMMENTS? COMPLAINTS?
Submit feedback on our UserVoice page: http://robinlabs.uservoice.com, or say 'feedback' right in the app. You can also contact us on Twitter @robinmagnifis, or on Robin’s FB page!
Examples of useful commands
• Where is the nearest Starbucks?... Can I park there?
• Find Thai restaurants in SF... How about French?
• Find a burger place ... Does it have a good rating?
• Go to 1234 Lombard San Francisco
• Directions to Hollywood and Highland
• Where can I park?
• Find cheapest parking around Union Square... Anything closer/cheaper?
• Can I reserve it?.. Let’s go there!
• What is the traffic like near Hollywood?
• Where is the cheapest gas in Santa Monica?
• What's the weather like in San Diego tomorrow?
• Is it snowing in Miami?
Facebook & Twitter
• Read my Twitter feed
• Update Facebook
Texting, calling & email
• Call Joe / text Jill
• Read my email to me
• Remind me to exercise tonight!
• Tell me a joke!
There's more people on the road every day. More people means more idiots. And more idiots means more accidents. If one of those idiots chooses you, DashCam will record everything that happened. And that'll help you if there's any problems with insurance claims, especially if the other driver isn't covered. And if it ends up in court, or it's someone else's word against yours, you'll have the evidence on video to back you up.
DashCam allows you to capture the idiocy, the bad behaviour, the road rage, and the crushing incompetence of some of the other drivers out there. It gives you the confidence to know that if something happens in front of you, it's recorded. And if there's any confusion (or aggression) about who's at fault, you'll be amazed at how much more polite people will become when they realise you've got everything on video.
Oh, and it's free!
Simply place the phone in your dashboard mount and launch the app.
Then tap the screen to start (and stop) recording. That's all there is to it!
- Record video in high resolution (720p). Full HD coming soon!
- Customisable recording loop length: You can keep just the last five minutes, or up to the last hour. Your choice!
- Optionally record video to your external SD card.
- Intelligently switches to background recording, as required, so it won't interfere with incoming phone calls, navigation or your music.
- Optionally disable recording of in-vehicle sounds: Your private conversations won't end up as part of the video.
- Can be used in landscape or portrait mode (landscape is recommended, there's a wider field of view)
- On-screen indicator of speed, time, date and (optionally) location.
- Speed, time, date and location are stored separately, and can be shown as subtitles in another player
- Displays a preview of everything the camera can see, even when not recording.
- Automatic video stabilisation, if your device supports it.
- No-brainer operation: Tap screen once to start it, and again to stop it: No hunting for buttons while you're driving!
- Easily find and play your recorded videos through your device's video gallery.
- Use your device's video gallery to view, share and manage your recordings, just as you would with any other movie.
- Easily access your recordings in their folder via USB cable, see 'frequently asked questions' below
- Easily accessible and understandable preferences.
- Your choice of metric (km/h) or imperial (mph) units.
- Optional reminder to enable your GPS (if you've turned it off).
Questions? See the FAQ at http://blog.wislon.io/products/dashcam/#faq