Mobile Bale Scan is an eCotton product from EWR, Inc.
* Note: does not currently work on Android 9 (Pie).
Using a mobile device (smartphone or tablet) and a bluetooth-enabled handheld laser barcode scanner, cotton warehouses can perform these functions:
- Record bale locations
- Record sample box locations
- Verify shipping orders
- Collect received bales
- Paperless picking list
- Picking list verification
- Print missing bale tags
- Reception window
*** IMPORTANT RESTRICTIONS (read before installing):
*** Your warehouse must be subscribed to IsMyLoadReady.com (an eCotton service) in order for you to send or receive data with this app.
We have tested with the Symbol LS3578-ER handheld scanner. Any scanner that supports the "HID" bluetooth profile should work with this app. Please contact us before purchasing a scanner to ensure compatibility.
Wireless printing abilities were developed and tested using a Zebra P4T bluetooth mobile label printer. Any Zebra bluetooth printer should work, but please check with us before purchasing one.
- Identify a location and then scan bales as they are stacked. When complete, data is uploaded to your eCotton Warehouse System wirelessly, so there's no need to dock the device or scanner in the office.
- You can also use this feature in "Samples" mode to record sample box numbers.
Shipping Order Verification:
- Select a shipping order to work with by scanning the shipping order or marks barcode, or select manually from a list. Scan the bales being loaded onto the truck.
- Select an inbound mark to work with (from a list or scanned from a barcode), then match up PBI numbers with warehouse bale numbers. Even record damaged bales if you like, which can send an email with attached photo of the damaged bale. For certificated bales, bale weight can be captured from a scale via bluetooth. When complete, data is uploaded to your eCotton Warehouse System wirelessly...no docking of the device or scanner in the office, and no chance of losing a day's worth of work.
Paperless picking list:
- Accesses picking list data that is prepared by the eCotton Warehouse System. A list of bales to pick is presented, and bale numbers are verified as they are pulled from stock and scanned. Picking lists can be divided and assigned to any number of workers or by equipment (forklift) ID.
Picking List Verification:
- For verifying bales that have been pulled from stock and are waiting on the floor to be moved to the staging area.
- As each bale is scanned, the Color Flag and Marks are displayed. Counters show your progress on each mark.
- As bales are scanned, the screen flashes green and makes a "good" sound for a good bale, and the screen flashes red and makes a "bad" sound for a bad bale (DOG).
- View Shorts when done scanning.
- Completion eMails can be automatically sent to warehouse management.
- Can be installed on multiple devices for a single warehouse.
We are actively updating Mobile Bale Scan on a regular basis. Please enable automatic updates so you'll have the latest features and best performance.
We'd like to hear your comments and/or suggestions as we continue to add features to Mobile Bale Scan. Please use this email address (instead of review comments) for any questions or suggestions: mailto:Support@EWRInc.com
Application License Agreement: http://www.eCotton.com/Documents/MobileAppEULA.pdf