The purpose of this app is to demonstrate and illustrate an interesting phenomenon, which appears into the brain/neurons, when a task for our brain challenges the links between the visual color incoming by eye nerves and the word of the color processed by the rational mind.
The Stroop test is actually challenging our brain and mind.
Background from neuroscience: The eye nerves are delivering signals to the brain much faster than the rational mind, because the eye nerves respond immediately and the rational mind needs time to think.
When we have time pressure to answer correctly, this specifics of our brain and nerves are creating a impulse inside us, where we want to click on the incorrect answer and in the same time we need to use our will, stay focused and think fast consciously in order to have correct answers and make all questions each time for shorter period of time.
First you need to select one of two modes. By default it starts in Stroop Effect or "Get Meaning, Put Color" as named in the menu.
When a game starts the first question appears and you have to click one of the four buttons with colors as an answer.
So, the first goal is to have as many as possible correct answers at the end of the test sequence.
When you start achieving all correct answers easily, it is time to speed up your reactions and make them for a shorter time.
1. Playing mode "Get Meaning, Put Color" or Stroop Effect - Understand the meaning and click the button colored with this color.
2. Playing mode "Get Color, Put Meaning" - Recognize the colour and click the button with the correct written color as text.
3. Questions organized as a test sequence.
4. Shows the result after the test.
5. High scores - keeps track of your best result for each level.
6. Supports different color palettes for different tastes.
The free version of the app uses ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE and INTERNET permissions, because it shows ads.
Your feedback and/or review is more than welcome.