'The Eighth Continent 2: The Chasm' is the much anticipated second interactive novel of a trilogy in which you play the hero!
In the first gamebook you sought your lost family across post-apocalyptic London, but now you must venture north, to a mysterious place they call The Chasm.
Scavenge, fight, hack, trade and now persuade your way through a ruined world.
- Choose: Another branching storyline where every choice has a consequence.
- Explore: Conditional choices, where your options may depend on the items in your inventory, your health or mental state, previously visited locations, your reputation with other characters, or even your wealth!
- Fight: A card-based fighting mini-game.
- Hack: A mini-game for hacking electronic locks.
- Scavenge: A mini-game where you scavenge for precious goods.
- Trade: Vendors to buy and sell.
- Decode: A decryption mini-game to decode secret records.
- Persuade: A mini-game where you persuade characters to your point of view.
- Record: A new ‘scrapbook’, where texts found in the wasteland build up a picture of life after End-Day.
- Manage: An inventory of consumables and quest items for you to manage.
- Over 900 pages.
- 36 achievements.
- An improved, automatic bookmark save system.
Suitable for adults and young adults alike, the book uses clean language throughout and contains mild fictional violence in the form of a card game. Although a standalone story, 'The Eighth Continent 2: The Chasm' is the second book of a trilogy; book three will be released as an app soon.