Guided levels to master all 16 Spanish tenses and cover 1,400+ verbs with short daily practice. Ella learns and focuses on your weak spots so you get fluent faster!
Hola! We are an Irish couple (Jane and Brian) living in Spain and learning Spanish. We started Ella Verbs as we were looking for a way to improve our Spanish verbs and make the jump from intermediate to advanced Spanish speakers. We tried many ways to improve our Spanish grammar (books, apps, tutors – you name it, we tried it!), but never found the one that clicked. So we built it!
We aren’t your typical Spanish flashcards or verb trainer app. Our philosophy is “learn, quiz, repeat”. We teach you, then quiz you and then surface content again when you need it most. It’s been proven that quizzing helps with concentration, identifying gaps in knowledge and long term retention (Roediger & Karpicke, 2006). You’ll enjoy our Smart Quizzes to drill verbs into your memory!
Because it's just the two of us, we personally read and respond to every feedback email and review. So if you have an idea, issue, question or whatever, please get in touch! We really want and listen to your feedback, and regularly release new features and improve existing ones (to date we've released 30+ updates per year!). Together we want to help everyone learning Spanish to master their verbs :)
You can reach us in-app, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Looking forward to hearing from you!
* 30 levels (6 for free) with bite-sized lessons and Spanish conjugation quizzes, guiding you through 16 tenses to master Spanish verb conjugation.
* Verb tables of 1,400+ verbs (101 for free), with *full* English translation, synonyms and highlighting of irregulars.
* Track your progress across multiple devices and stay motivated with a daily streak.
* Step-by-step conjugation guide when you get a verb drill answer incorrect.
* Estimates your CEFR level (e.g. A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2) so you have an idea of where you stand.
* Get daily smart quizzes personalized to your level and progress (Pro only).
* Speaks the answers aloud to help you with pronunciation (on supported devices only – uses built in voice library)
* Supports both European (including "vosotros") and Latin American Spanish.
* Build your own quizzes with our highly customizable quiz builder (Pro only).
* Create your own custom list of verbs to study (Pro only).
* Access all content offline so you can study anywhere!
* Dark mode and many configuration options.
* Measure your CEFR level. Perfect for students practising for GCSE, Leaving Certificate, SAT Spanish, DELE (Diplomas de Español como Lengua Extranjera) and CELU (Certificado de Español: Lengua y Uso).
Ella covers 16 Spanish verb tenses across 3 moods:
* Indicative present
* Indicative present continuous
* Indicative present perfect
* Indicative preterite
* Indicative imperfect
* Indicative past perfect
* Indicative informal future
* Indicative future
* Indicative future perfect
* Indicative conditional
* Indicative conditional perfect
* Subjunctive present
* Subjunctive imperfect
* Subjunctive present perfect
* Subjunctive past perfect
* Imperative (affirmative & negative)