When you use the Meridian app to program your ideal temperatures around your daily routine, it will show you the most efficient settings possible, guiding you toward greater savings – both in terms of energy and money. With different modes for when you’re home, away, asleep, or even on vacation, Meridian has you covered at every turn. Plus, you can see how your energy consumption compares to homes in your area.
In order to use this convenient mobile app, you just need to sign-up for a Meridian Smart Thermostat energy plan from Direct Energy. Visit directenergy.com/meridian or call 1-855-558-4376 for more information and to sign-up.
When you're buying an appliance, the price on the sticker is only half the story. Knowing how much it will cost to run is often forgotten...
Some of the more expensive models can be the cheapest to run. Some of the cheapest models can be the most expensive to run. Over five or ten years this can really add up!
The free Energy Rating App calculates what the energy rating means in dollars. By adding the estimated running cost to the purchase price, people can see what they will be paying over time. The App is based on the popular Energy Rating Label that appears on over 7,000,000 million appliances each year and is the first of its kind to display power use in dollars rather than kilowatt hours.
Use the App to add purchase price and running costs together to give the full life-cycle costs of major household appliances including air conditioners, fridges, dryers, washing machines, dishwashers, computer monitors and televisions.
How to use the App:
- Set your power costs or let the app use the default for your location
- Choose your appliance type.
- The most efficient model appears first... swipe to see the rest
- Tap on any model and flip the card for more information
- You can tailor your search to particular models, by selecting features, or you can search by model number or brand
- Create a short-list by bookmarking your favourites, you can then take notes and add your purchase price to the power costs
- Purchase price + power costs = what you are really paying for that new fridge or washer
The App will help you see which appliance is cheaper overall and best for your budget!
The Energy Rating App - the more stars, the more savings!