VENICE, an app in the Art & Culture series, is something different in tourism: a cultural travel guide that offers comprehensive, expert coverage of all the sights and attractions, all the things to do and see, complete practical information and detailed maps.
VENICE is the app that takes you deeper, with a definitive account of the city’s fabulous history, its culture and ceremony, its monuments and its art. We don’t do hotels and restaurants; instead, we offer a cultural companion that can enrich your visit like no other guide.
VENICE reveals every aspect of the Serenissima’s history, architecture, art, festivals, personalities and oddities, in over 500 in-depth articles covering everything from Venice's courtesan culture to its role in the invention of opera, from the secrets of the mosaics in the Basilica at Torcello to the story behind Harry's Bar.
Thorough, erudite and sophisticated, but written with a sense of fun, Venice: Art & Culture is the creation of Dana Facaros and Michael Pauls, authors of over thirty Cadogan Guides and experts on all things Mediterranean. It’s also the first in a new series—Art & Culture Guides— that is dedicated to bringing the old ideal of an informed, serious guidebook into the digital world.
• Up-to-date opening hours, prices, and details of all sites
• Essential info for arriving and getting around Venice
• Plans of the important sites
• Sparkling insights and tips on visiting Venice's unequalled collection of art, churches, palazzi and museums
• Biographies of all the great artists, writers, and musicians who contributed to Venice's unique culture, with links to their works
• Detailed Grand Canal tour
• Where and how to enjoy Venice's great events, from the Festa della Redentore to the Biennale
• Create your own list of attractions; plan your own itinerary
• Instantly locate works of art and architecture in Venice by artist, architect or period
• Mark your hotel on the map, so you never get lost in the Venetian maze
• Free, frequent updates and improvements