Free encyclopedia with more than 330,000 encyclopedia definitions and 24,000+ images from multiple authoritative encyclopedias and specialty dictionaries.
* Search 330,000+ encyclopedia articles from multiple sources, all from industry-leading publishers.
* Clear, in-depth definitions of a vast array of topics, including history, science, art, culture, and the natural world, featuring extensive information on countries, prominent figures, and much more.
* 24,000+ images, including vivid photos, illustrations, and charts.
* 77,000+ audio pronunciations for both American and British speakers in online mode.
* User-friendly, comprehensive, and authoritative: the perfect free encyclopedia app for students, professionals, and anyone looking to learn more about the world!
* Save unlimited bookmarks.
* Use native voice search to look up a word just by saying it. (With supported devices)
* View your recent searches.
* See search suggestions as you type.
* Perform advanced searches, including "Starts with," "Ends with," "Contains," and "Wildcard."
* Adjust font size.
* Share definitions via social networks, email, and text. (With supported devices)
* This is NOT a preview or a trial version, and there is no "locked" content. Open the app and immediately access all content, no subscriptions required!
How do we do it?
Farlex apps have been downloaded tens of millions times across multiple platforms, with top ratings after hundreds of thousands of reviews. We work with the best publishers to bring together trusted content in the most comprehensive, authoritative dictionary apps on the market. Our flagship app is The Free Dictionary (TFD), powered by TheFreeDictionary.com. Find our other apps by searching "Dictionary by Farlex" in Google Play.