Weight & Balance (beta)
Beechcraft A36 Bonanza
Beechcraft G36 Bonanza
Please email us with feedback on how we can improve this app.
1. Using sectional you create your flight plan, identify your checkpoints (you need to know two things from sectional: true course, distance and TAS);
2. Each checkpoints can be customized (MSL altitude, indicated airspeed, wind direction, wind speed, magnetic variance, checkpoint specific images, notes to write radio frequencies); some of the fields automatically populated for your convenience.
3. Once checkpoint initial data is created this app will calculate (just like E6B flight computer) your ground speed (kn/hr and kn/min - used for descends), true heading, magnetic heading, fuel consumption, ground speed, time enroute, and even distance to horizon from the altitude you fly. You can add notes/reminders (radio frequencies, transponder codes, etc) and images specific to your checkpoint.
4. Once your flight plan is in place you can save it to SD card on your device and adjust it to a specific weather condition just right before you take off next time - no massive recalculation needed - all numbers will be updated by this application for you in a few seconds.
5. You can load your flight plans from SD card at any time, whenever you fly. Simply update wind conditions to recalculate your flight data before you take off.
6. Get in a plane and click "FLY" to activate your timer. Timer is visually shows you time you are flying the leg and time you have left to fly.
7. While flying you will be able to use a built in scribble - no more paper/pencil in the plane. Take notes on your device with your finger.
9. You can use sectional/airport images you attached to each checkpoint - no more HUGE paper sectional. Zoom it in/out with simple two finger swipe or double click on the screen.
10. You will be able to see the progress of the timer for each checkpoint! If you reach a checkpoint earlier/later than it was planned you can adjust your flight data.
This application is not using internet connection, GPS or any other heavy battery consuming features. Recommended to be used on bigger screen phones and tablets.
This application is especially convenient for night time flying - no flashlight needed to see details of your flight plan. It will run for hours on your android device, even with a very bright screen.
The ability to pause the timer or start next checkpoint comes handy when the winds change while en-route and you may arrive to the next checkpoint sooner or later then expected.
I developed this application for my personal use, tested it at night and day time flying - pretty accurate in calculations and I find it reliable and very convenient.
With this application you will save time planning/calculating your flight. I do recommend to try this application and get a full version. You will find really "Reverse" route calculation.
C172 Performance is also available on IOS devices (soon) and as a WebApp (an App that runs in a browser) which may be run on a variety of platforms (PC, Mac, tablets, phones). It has an innovative cloud sync feature that will allow flight planning profiles entered on any device to be synchronized with your other devices when connected.
C172 Performance is a free, open-source development effort and has Apps and WebApps for other aircraft. See http://pohperformance.com for complete details.
Note: This is the same app I have had published for about a year. Due to data loss and other circumstances out of my hands, I am unable to update the application. If you have purchased this app in the past, you will need to purchase it again. I apologize for any inconvenience, and I will work to ensure this will not happen in the future.
Flight Map is a unique application that works as your own personal flight tracker (Sky map) while flying in an airplane. It shows where you currently are, speed, altitude and some other information about your flight. You can check the Estimated Time of Arrival of your flight while you are sitting on a plane. You can see how far from the target airport you are. You can also see and name the landmarks on the way, so that you know what you see from your window.
Flight Map also displays visible and used GPS / GLONASS satellites, so you can use it as a GPS testing tool. The GPS function works when your phone is in airplane mode, because it does not broadcast any radio, it rather listens to the GPS satellites only.
- Real time position of the plane on the map
- Zoomable world map not dependent on a connection to internet
- Your own personal flight tracker
- Works when your phone is in Airplane mode, so it can be used anytime while in flight
- Recording your route and sharing it on the internet
- Database of world airports
- Estimated Time to Destination and Time to Arrival depending on the plane type and position
- Dark / Light skin
- Metric / Imperial units
- Multilanguage (currently English, Spanish, Portugese, French, Russian, Chinese, Vietnamese, Czech, Japanese, Korean)
- Map can be fullscreen or split screen with real time flight data
- GPS / GLONASS Satellites real time display depending on your device capabilities
- Sunrise and sunset at present position
- Line to destination can be shown or hidden
- Altitude calculation calibrated either to sea level or destination altitude
Please note that Flight Map is heavily dependent on the quality of your device's GPS capabilities. If your device is capable of A-GPS (Assisted GPS), please run the application while on the ground, so that the satellites' positions get downloaded from the internet, it will be much easier for the device to pick up signal when in the air.
Please share your experience with various devices. Most of the time Flight Map works perfectly when sitting in a window seat and does not work too good when sitting two seats from the window or more. In any case we recommend to move the device to the window, let it pick up the satellites signal first and then try how far from the window it can pick up the signal. The screen showing the visible and used satellites is designed to help you with this.
If your device is capable of receiving GLONASS signal, the satellites are shown with a differently colored border. If you want to translate Flight Map into your language (or correct our translation), please contact the developer. The first run of the application takes a while because it needs to unpack the whole world map to be able to display it.
CFI Tools CFI Toolbox
PURPOSE: The CFI Toolbox App is a collection of seven popular CFI Tools Apps rolled into one amazing package.
Seven Popular Apps in One
- Weight & Balance
- Takeoff & Landing Distance
- Area Wx
- Crosswind Calculator
- Hold Viewer
- VOR Viewer
Increased convenience at a great price
Each of these Apps has been used by pilots around the world. Many users have requested that they be packaged for ease of use and also priced as a package deal. So here it is, seven great Apps rolled together at a price that is less than the sum of the parts.
Apps for Learning and for Practical everyday Use
The Crosswind, Holds and VOR Apps are used to make some complex topics easier to understand.
These are topics that are essential to any pilot especially any student pilot.
The Weight & Balance App, Takeoff & Landing Distance App, Nearest App and Area Wx App are tools that can help with flight planning and preparation. Of course the Area Wx App is something that can be useful in your non-aviation related activities.
T&L Calculation is available for 47 Aircraft
Air Tractor 802-A 1424 SHP
Air Tractor 802-A 1173 SHP
Air Tractor 802 PT6A-67AG
Beech Bonanza M35
Beech Bonanza V35
Cessna 162 Sky Catcher
Cessna 172-M POH
Cessna 172-M 1974
Cessna 172-N 1979
Diamond DA 20-C1
Diamond DA 40
Diamond DA 40D Diesel
Grumman AA-5B Tiger POH Rev 4
Grumman AA-5B-137 1979
Piper PA-24-260B Comanche
Piper PA-28-161 Warrior II
Piper PA-28-181 Archer II
Piper PA-28-181 Archer II Flaps 25
Piper PA-28R-180 Arrow I
Piper PA-28R-200 Arrow II
Piper PA-28R-200 Arrow II TO Flaps 25
Piper PA-28R-201 Arrow III
Piper PA-28R-201 Arrow III Flaps 25
Piper PA-28R-201T Turbo Arrow III
Piper PA-28RT-201T Turbo Arrow IV
Piper PA-28RT-201T Turbo Arrow IV Flaps 25
Piper PA-28-236 Dakota
Piper PA-32-301 Saratoga 2-Blade
Piper PA-32-301 Saratoga 3-Blade
Piper PA-32RT-300T Turbo Lance II
Piper PA-44-180 Seminole
Socata TB 20
Socata TBM 850N
Why only these 47? Because these are the aircraft that I am currently flying. As I get requests to add others I am doing that. Also, these are some of the most popular GA airplanes.
For additional information including screenshots please visit our web site www.CFITools.com or see the individual Apps in the App Store.
Like any App these tools should be used with caution. None of these Apps are replacements for any official information source. And none of these Apps should be allowed to create a distraction in the cockpit. These Apps are intended for planning and training activities.
About CFI Tools
I'm a Pilot and a CFII. I build these Apps and other software for my own use.
The Apps have been for sale now for a number of years. They have been enhanced and updated based on listening to the suggestions of the pilots who use them.
Any suggestions for improvement or new apps are always welcomed.
Have a good flight.
Our travel planner finds the smartest trips for you.
Features are for example:
- Plan yor trip between two addresses/stops.
- Subscribe and get notification if there is any problem with your trips.
- Locate the nearest stop via gps.
- Easy presentation of the trips.
- Trip presentation on a map.
- Price and sms-codes.
- Accessibility information.
- Disturbance information and new trips suggestions if your trips is not possible due to delays (Real time information is not available everywhere).
- Real time timetable for stops.
- Traffic disturbances (in Swedish)
- Gadgets for stops and trips.
1. This version will only provide trip plan departing "ASAP". Scheduled plan will be supported in future build.
2. If WiFi or GPS location is on, the departure will automatically be assigned with the current location.
3. The last five trip planning information will be stored locally. This information can be viewed without internet access.
More features will be added in future builds. Please contact programmer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you met any problems.