Flockstar is a side-hustle, run by a single independent developer and backyard chicken lover. The app requires a low-cost subscription, which helps keep things running.
Flockstar aims to be the ultimate flock and egg tracker, building on years of experience and feedback from thousands of users of the original, free app (now called Flockstar Lite). Flockstar works great for the causal backyard chicken keeper with a small flock, as well as large scale farmers with dozens of birds of different species and breeds. Keep tabs on your flock-related expenses, and if you sell your eggs or birds, track your income and overall profit.
Users of the original app will feel right at home in the new Flockstar. You can easily import your data from Flockstar Lite to pick right up where you left off using the upgrade tool found in the Settings screen. Flockstar stores your data and photos securely in the cloud for access across multiple phones.
Flockstar requires a low-cost, auto-renewing monthly or yearly subscription, both options come with a 1 week free trial. Export your data and cancel anytime.
Here are a few of the many upgrades over the free "Lite" app:
* Better charts, trends, and stats by week, month or year
* Track multiple flocks or groups of layers, such as Chickens/Ducks, White Eggs/Brown Eggs, etc
* Expense tracking
* Sales and income tracking
* Export data to CSV files for external analysis
* Journal entries for flock members to record important milestones, or events with notes and a photo
* Photo gallery - view all photos attached to egg and journal entries. for a flock member
* Enhanced ability to track eggs for an entire flock without selecting a specific layer
* Dark mode (uses your device system color mode)
* Continuous online sync of data and photos, no manual backups needed!
* Simple, secure password-less sign up and sign in
* Manage flocks across multiple devices
For feedback, suggestions, or help please reach out on Twitter: @FlockstarApp, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org