Explore the Dom Museum Wien collections, ranging from historic art that dates back 1000 years, to cornerstones of classic modernity and contemporary art. The Dom Museum Wien app responds to your location as you walk through the museum, offering rich multimedia content to explore during your visit or from home, including:
· Collection and exhibition guides in English, German, French, Italian, Russian and Spanish
· Exclusive audio, video, and images for select exhibitions and museum architecture
· Director’s Tour: Dom Museum Wien Director Johanna Schwanberg presents her personal take on favorite objects
· Kids' guides for select exhibitions (including a team quiz for school students)
· Ability to select preferred language, and add or delete download content
· Accessible feature, for independent use by blind and visually impaired people with TalkBack mode
Features available exclusively at the museum include:
· A responsive feature that automatically displays information about the artworks nearest you
The combination of sacred historic art with cornerstones of classic modernity and contemporary art is just one of the features that makes Dom Museum Wien so unique. Located adjacent to St. Stephen’s Cathedral in the heart of Vienna, Austria, the museum also hosts special exhibitions that explore social, cross-cultural, and interfaith questions.
The painting of Rudolf IV, the Hapsburg Duke of Austria, largely considered the oldest portrait of the western world, as well as his gold-threaded burial shroud rank among the highlights of the collection. The legendary Otto Mauer Collection includes modern and contemporary art, such as works by Expressionists and Secessionists as well as by key figures of the Austrian and international avant-garde. The Collection is continuously expanded to include works by contemporary artists.
Note: This app requires an Internet connection. Use our free public WiFi when you visit Dom Museum Wien.