Carl ok, this new version is an improvement from previous versions. Much of the application has improved. I have this app.on a Samsung Tab 4 8" 5.1.1. Lacks the ability to see the newspaper as if you're seeing it in hard copy. Can't find sections easily. Not able to search past newspapers. Not as good as the Apple app. Very disappointed.
I live in Missouri
Best for local news You can read all of the stories on the main page for free. You do not have to pay for this app. Nor do you have to buy a subscription. Lots of great stories about cool things and interesting people in town + breaking news
No search Pretty impossible to find content without a search. Question of the day answer results not found, just the current question.
Limited features and functionality. CAN'T SHARE STORIES (but can pull up internet and hunt for story and share via site???); app resets every time you hit the back button after reading a story so you have to scroll through everything again; and It Has Ads. A paid app, and very pricey one at that ($12/mo standalone or free with physical paper sub), should absolutely not have ads. Logging in should validate subscribers by removing ads and adding functionality and features.
The app is great for keeping up with local events and issues. I really enjoy the amount of content I have access to for free. However, it is very frustrating that I cannot share interesting articles with friends and family on Facebook and other sites.
• Be in the center of where the news happens with 360 video and virtual reality content.
• Elect to add one of our local properties to get more community news added to your feed.
• Get recommended and most popular stories for more personalized content.
• Save your favorite stories to read later.
• Sign up for a daily dose of news, sports, life, money, tech and weather stories directly to your inbox.