“A rather clever app from getUbetter, giving patients a managed Back Pain recovery Program” Backcare.org.uk
Advice, guidance, videos, exercises, and a symptom checker. All the information you need to get better day-by-day.
It is designed for back pain (new or recurring) that has started within the last 12 weeks.
1. Recovery guidance 24/7 2. Advising where and when to seek help if needed. 2. Prevention advice when you are better. 3. A re-injury function- just in case!
"This app is brilliant, all the right messages. Will recommend to staff, patients and friends.” Clinical Lead Physiotherapist in Exeter.
Top 10 features supporting your recovery (and there are many more)
1.Information that responds to you improving, staying the same or getting worse.
2. Dr Mac - our virtual healthcare specialist providing personalised advice.
3. A unique home page personalised to you, providing information for your stage of recovery.
4. Helpful videos and information supporting your recovery.
5. Questionnaires to support your recovery- not many, just the important ones.
6. A symptom checker-providing advice on where and when to seek help
7. A getUbetter inbox providing personalised medical letters and appointments - making your life simpler.
8. An infomationZONE - All the information you need in one place.
9. A treatmentZONE - easy access to getUbetter partners. Search, compare, choose and book assessments or treatments at the tap of a button.
10. A feedbackZONE - feedback on your progress and find out answers to your worries or problems.
The app is suitable for: New or recent onset of lower back pain (within 12 weeks) Recurring lower back pain (within 12 weeks) Lower back pain with leg pain you can cope with Lower back sprains and strains Mechanical lower back pain If you have been advised or choose to self manage your injury Whilst you wait for treatment on the NHS (e.g. Physiotherapy)
The app is not suitable for: Under 18 year olds People with worsening neurological symptoms (numbness, weakness , problems with bowel or bladder, People with a known diagnosis that is not simple lower back pain (infection, rheumatological problems, neurological problems, cancer, kidney, fracture, pelvic organ pain) People that are requiring on going close medical intervention or monitoring People with very severe, worsening leg symptoms People with back pain caused by disease. Pregnancy related back pain.
We are only insured for UK users. Important: this app requires access to the internet
Please note: We aim to support you though your recovery journey. Our app is not a substitute for medical assessment or treatment and if at any point you have any concerns please seek medical advice.