getUBetter provides local digital self-management support for all common musculoskeletal injuries and conditions such as back, neck, or knee pain as well as pelvic floor health.
It is offered to patients free of change and provides content tailored by their local NHS clinical team.
The app aims to support patients in building trust in the own recovery, gaining a better understanding of when and where to seek help if necessary, and developing the confidence to manage potential future episodes.
The app is suitable for:
• People with any new, recurrent, or ongoing muscle or joint problem
• People over 18 years of age
• People who would benefit from self-management support
• In some areas of the NHS, you might be provided getUBetter to support pelvic floor dysfunction
The app is not suitable for:
• People under the age of 18 years of age
• People with severe, worsening symptoms where self-management is not advised by a clinician
• People with an injury or condition that requires regular physiotherapy or medical management e.g., after surgery or an Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) rupture
• People with worsening neurological symptoms (numbness, weakness, an unexplained new onset of bladder and bowel symptoms)
• People with a known diagnosis such as infection, rheumatological conditions, neurological problems, cancer, or fracture
How does it work?
-We provide personalised treatment to guide you through your recovery; day by day and 24/7
-We support you through:
o Safety netting (screening and monitoring your symptoms)
o Recovery (personalised and targeted content, day by day)
o Referral (we will refer you to local treatments and healthcare providers or services when appropriate)
o Rehabilitation (we will connect you to your local rehab programs, when available)
o Prevention (when you are better, we support prevention and any new episodes)
o Exercise videos
o Information, guidance and support
Is it safe and secure?
- Designed and run by NHS physiotherapists and clinicians
- Backed up with the latest research and years of clinical experience
- Adheres to strict UK government code of conduct for data-driven healthcare and technology.
- Your privacy is important to us. Data we collect is only used to enhance your experience and never sold on to third parties. If we share data, it is with third parties to provide our “service”. This includes enabling you to book local treatment or services and “getUBetter” to update your health professional or refer you to a local treatment or service when necessary.
How can I get started?
1. Your local Healthcare Provider (e.g., GP practice, Physio or Occupational Health service) will prescribe the app to you for a specific problem such as lower back pain, neck pain or knee pain (sometimes more than one)
2. You can also self-refer from your healthcare provider’s website
3. Register using the email you provided to your healthcare provider
4. Once you’ve registered, you will be automatically linked to your local region and can begin your recovery, prevention, and support journey.
“This app is brilliant, all the right messages. Will recommend to staff, patients, and friends.” Clinical Lead Physiotherapist
“A rather clever app from getUBetter, giving patients a managed Back Pain recovery program” Backcare.org.uk
Please note: We aim to support you though your recovery journey. Our app is not a substitute for medical assessment or treatment and if at any point you have any concerns, please seek medical advice. This app requires access to the internet