Forager’s Buddy Quick Reference [PDF] - https://goo.gl/piWhk5
Forager's Buddy is a free application for android smartphones and tablets, designed to help users mark on the map all remarkable places, where they can find various kinds of wild food resources (Using the GPS module of the device).
You can use this foraging app in various outdoor activities like wild herbs/mushroom gathering, hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, etc
Feel free to tell us about the changes you would like to see in Forager's Buddy.
Features (Free edition):
1. Selection between imperial and metric system units
2. Route recording & viewing (Exporting route as .kml file format)**. There is the ability to view nearby spots and converting .kml route files to .gpx format
3. Exporting and Importing data as CSV.
4. Data Filtering.
5. Attach a photo to a location
6. Viewing of the approximate distance of each item from the user's current location.
7. Emergency Call and SMS (Sends an SMS with user's last known location and battery status of the device).
9. Item Location Sharing (e.g. via E-mail or SMS).
10. Current Location Sharing (e.g. via E-mail or SMS).
11. CSV file sharing (e.g. via E-mail or Bluetooth).
12. KML route file sharing (e.g. via E-mail or Bluetooth).
13. Custom Locations. Users can save custom spots from the main screen, by long clicking on the desired location on the map.
14. Auto backup (export to .csv) every time user make changes.
Features (Pro edition):
1. All features of free edition / Ad free
2. My Activity. Graphical representation of the number of items collected every month.
3. Radar. Displays a map and a list of the items collected by the user. The map refreshes every 3 seconds. The range of the radar is adjustable: 0 – 1000 meters.
4. Custom Locations. Users can save custom spots from "View Map" screen, by long clicking on the desired location on the map.
5. Current weather conditions for current and saved items location.
6. Export data to .kml file format (Users using tools like Google My Maps, can use this feature to create custom maps for their websites or blogs).**
7. Export data to .gpx file format.
8. Search Notes.
9. Create Reminders in Calendar.
10. Show nearby spots (in Show item details screen).
11. You can easily find what to forage in the current month (based on your previous findings)
1. Contacts/Phone - For the feature "Emergency Call/SMS". Users can select a contact to call or to send an SMS in case of an emergency situation (it sends also user's last known location and battery status of the device)
2. Location - For obvious reasons :)
3. Storage - To store exported files like: spots (.kml, .csv), routes (.kml) and photos
Step by Step Video Tutorials:
Part 1 - https://youtu.be/UXUtIL7WCAQ (PDF: http://bit.ly/1PVgy4c)
Part 2 - https://youtu.be/JdoAfY4uMM8 (PDF: http://bit.ly/1JMYdVq)
Part 3 - https://youtu.be/5V7ftIiSxUo (PDF: http://bit.ly/1R5KoTF)
Are you a blogger or a journalist? Request a Google Play Promo Code to test the Forager's Buddy PRO edition! https://goo.gl/ufpt7M
** KML is a file format used to display geographic data in an Earth browser such as Google Earth, Google Maps, and Google Maps for mobile.