ODK Collect is designed to work out of touch with a cellular network / Wi-Fi during the data collection effort. Once back in the network coverage, the completed forms can be copied out of the device or sent to a server (you control) for analysis.
ODK Aggregate is a free server. ODK Collect can use ODK Aggregate to download the form definitions and receive completed forms. ODK Aggregate can generate CSV files or publish data in Google Spreadsheets, Google Fusion Tables and elsewhere. There is a robust user community and many companies that can provide assistance to organizations deploying surveys based on ODK.
Go to https://opendatakit.org for more information.
Find community hosted maps from ArcGIS Online – Esri’s online GIS. Alternatively you can use the authoring tools on ArcGIS.com to create your own maps that can be used in ArcGIS.
If you are an existing Esri customer this application is part of your ArcGIS system. You can share your corporate maps and extend the reach of your GIS to your Android devices within your enterprise using ArcGIS Server.
- Navigate map galleries in just a few taps
- Use maps authored in ArcGIS.com
- Access your own GIS data
- Display and zoom to current location
- Data Collection and Editing
* Use your GPS or the map to collect and update GIS data
* Attach photos to what you collect
* Intelligent form-based data entry driven by ArcGIS data models
* Includes a set of hosted industry specific collection sample maps so you can test drive these capabilities. Look for them inside of the new Gallery entry on the Find Maps tab.
- Magnify your Identify and Editing experience
* When interacting with the map, tap and hold to accurately locate a position on the map using a Magnifier
- Perform linear and area measurements based on your current location or by interacting with the map.
- Retrieve detailed map metadata
- View feature attribute information
- Perform keyword search and get access to relevant information
- Change the visibility of layers
- Access popular maps faster by adding them to your favorites list
It has the following functionalities;
* Can choose any ESRI basemap
* You can add you own operation mapservice
* Find can be used on operational layers
* Bookmarks manager
* Identify ('portrait' displays top feature, 'landscape' displays all features)
* Zoom to find feature from find results
* Zoomin, Zoomout, Pan, Full Extent, Zoom Previous, Zoom Next, Clear selection
Wolf-GIS is useful to those working in timber management, mining, real estate, utility companies, farming, construction, government land agencies, recreational purposes and more.
In any field big or small, Wolf-GIS helps to provide geographical information where you need it when you need it.
*** Upgrade Notes ***
We thank everyone who downloaded our pre-release 0.1 version, and are pleased to announce our full v1.0 release of Wolf-GIS.
Please note that pre-release v0.1 shapefiles relied on a legacy framework and are not backwards compatible.
Legacy shapefiles will be removed from your device after installation of the v1.0 release, but you may reprocess files using Wolf-Connect or Wolf-Direct for v1.0 compatibility.
We will retain full backwards compatibility of your shapefile data in all future versions.
Wolf-GIS targets both phones and tablets and includes
-Standard map features such as moving to a specific latitude and longitude, displaying current location, and changing map types
-Detailed compass to keep you on track
-Make drawings to measure and annotate areas around you
-Measure distance between two or more points
-Control unit display
-Weather forecast at your location
Additional features and functionality are also available with a Wolf-Connect account (involves a low monthly fee for server access). You may activate your account here:
-Import polygon shapefiles using Wolf-Connect (point and line files coming soon)
-Search and manage customer information
-Use Tract Navigation(Bearing and distance) to help find the property corner locations
-Use Patented Track-Lock Technology to alert visually and audibly if you stray outside the parcel boundaries.
-Tract-Statistics give you information about the parcel you have selected: number of vertices, perimeter, and area
-Take pictures and associate them to customer parcels with Tract-Photo
-Load polygon shapefiles directly from your PC with Wolf-Direct
This purchase enables download of data to your Wolf-Connect account, importation of shapefiles and use of the Tract-Lock and Tract Navigation features of the app. It also enables tech support from Wolf-GIS's professional team.
To learn more, please visit us at www.wolfgis.com
Any support issues please feel free to contact our help desk at email@example.com
You can also leave feature requests, ideas, questions or suggestions with our development team at firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Minor Bug fixes
2) App crashing on android 4.0,2.3,2.2 fixed
3) Exit warning added
The offline mobile data collector App
All the apps avaiable in the playstore for android usually let you create forms and then use those form to collect data in the field. The data is stored on the servers and then user can download the data at his site and use it.
With PointGIS app, we have created simple form which catters to many user needs. When the data
is collected with PointGIS app, the user owns the data, there is no need for an internet connection
or a sim card for the app to work. This app transfers your Android Phone into a full fledged data
collector gadget. The data is stored locally on the phone without the need of interaction with any server.
Data is stored in Excel or CSV files.
1) Add free app
2) No fees
3) No need of Internet
4) Local Data Storage
5) Data Can be edited (needs document editor)
My earnest request to all the people who use this app is, please send me bugs and reports via email or in comments so that I can make the app better.
Please don't forget to genuinely Rate this app..
Version 1.0 was released on July 20 2014
* Plan a vacation
* Find an apartment
* Make a map of bird sightings in your area
Also work with your maps on the web at http://www.google.com/maps/d/
To learn how to get started using the app, visit https://support.google.com/mymaps/go/mobile
For users who upgrade to My Maps Pro with Coordinate, you can share real-time location on the map and get jobs done with your teams.
NOTE: This is not the Google Maps for Mobile app. For navigation, searching for local places, etc. please check out the Google Maps for Mobile app.
Collect and Update Spatial Data
* Collect new GIS features using the map or GPS
* Complete intelligent data entry forms specific to your data
* Attach photos
Find Places and get Directions
* Find places and points of interest around you
* Get driving directions to places and your features (via your ArcGIS Online Subscription)
* Calculate distance and area on top of the map
* Periodically report your location
* Open bookmarked locations
* Switch basemaps
* Turn on/off map layers
"Tracking data that solves problems is the mission they are on" - Economic Times
"Data sourced from the Grassroots & insights from it can yield focused and speedy public interest decision making" - LiveMint
Collect has been tailor made to support organisations working to solve problems in remote areas of the with features like
- Offline Data Collection (no need for Wi-Fi/3G/2G connectivity)
- GPS Based Location Tracking
- Taking Multiple Surveys
- Surveyor Profiling
- Monitoring of Specific Entities
- Media Questions (Photo, Voice)
- Complex Skip Logic
- Local Language Capability
Collect supports an array of surveys like impact assessments, mapping, agricultural/water monitoring, extensive market research, health care assessment among others.
Collect application comes along with a web dashboard that enables the administrators to track field data real time along with detailed analysis for better decision making. Some of the key features of the dashboard include
- Create your own surveys
- Multiple Question Types
- Geographical Filtering of Data
- Easy export of data in XLS, CSV formats
- Multi parameter analysis of data
- Geo Search Module
- Vector and Rastor Based Analysis
Collect is meant for use only by organisations. If you to wish use this for monitoring and evaluation or research purposes, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
** Improve user interface for smartphone. **
★ Easily add data collection. ★
★ Google Earth KML export. ★
★ Best OGC WMS client for Android. ★
★ Access your own WMS Layers. ★
MapGo GIS is an easy app of mobile map to use with notepad.
It integrated the maps you own, and you can record maps quickly on your mobile device.
When you back to office, MapGo GIS can easily link up your work.
MapGo GIS can enhance your work efficiency.
● Access your own GIS Map Services (WMS Layers).
● Projects collection and editing.
● Use your GPS or the map to collect GIS data.
● Attach photos to what you collect.
● Google Earth KML export.
● Display and zoom to selection location.
● Friendly Map Tools: Layers,Area Measure,Distance Measure and Extent etc.
● Lat/Lon locate and google geocoding.
● Supports all size of Android devices.
Visit "http://www.mapgogis.com" to learn more about MapGo GIS.
Mappt allows users to load GIS and imagery data onto tablet devices without the need for any other enterprise software to be installed. The software will pinpoint where you are on top of the loaded imagery, using the GPS within the tablet device even when you have no 3G or 4G communications available. Using location, imagery and your own GIS data you can then ground truth existing information, capture new data or track your movements, providing organisations with necessary intelligence on their assets in the field.
- Intuitive user interface. Designed for ease of use without training.
- ECW, JP2, ESRI Shape File and KML format support.
- Create, edit and manage your vector data while disconnected.
- No vendor lock-in, enabling you to quickly deploy teams into the field.
- No lock-in to cloud services.
- GPS connection works with your data in the field giving you control of where you and your assets are.
- Geofencing, Thematic Mapping and GPS Tracking/Path Creation allows you to do more than just view and edit your data while in the field
Mappt on Android tablets provides you with the confidence of a robust application with a user friendly interface, on a flexible hardware solution for all types of working environments. So put connection problems, installing additional software and inaccurate data in the past, and Mappt in your future.
*** Note: Mappt requires a paid licence in order to unlock the full functionality. Licenses can be purchased for AU$450 for the first year, and then AU$199 for each subsequent year, by following the prompts from within the app. ***
Great tool for Surveyors, GIS and mapping professionals or any outdoor enthusiast.
Google Map with Topographic Map, View areas of State Plane Coordinate Systems, UTMs and Principal Meridian overlays.
Geo-tagged photos. Take and email photos displaying lat/long time, description and direction of the photo. Photos saved as Google Earth KMZ.
State Plane Coordinate Conversions NAD83 <> WGS84 latitude and Longitude.
Geiod height calculation tool. Show geiod height for any location.
Point ID, show addresses with county/zip code location.
Weather Forecast and Weather Radar tool. Display weather information by simply picking a position on the map.
Geo-code Latitude/Longitude to Township, Range and Section.
Magnetic Declination tool. Show the magnetic declination at any point on map.
Show GPS position, Search for locations or positions by latitude/longitude. View NGS points, NGS data sheets and NGS Vertcon data.
*** Program notes:
Some functions only available with internet connection. NGS points for example have been reported as not working while this function is completely dependent upon the NGS server. Smartphones are incapable of holding this much data and I as the developer do not have the time to maintain a data base of this size. In short -- Internet connection required.
Some maps and overlays only available in the USA.
Negative comments only hurt the development of the program. www.surveying.org is provided as a free service funded by the sale of SurveyPro applications. Please -- if you find problems or wish to have additional functionality contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
World wide coordinate conversions
Thank you for your support.
app. Poimapper enables you to visualize the collected data, create reports
and improve your decision-making. Poimapper lets you collect and update
form based data, both offline and online. You can manage data across all of
the devices and users of your organization.
We recommend that only users with Android versions 4.0 or lower use the Poimapper application. If you have a more advanced (4.0 or higher) Android version, please consider downloading the more advanced "Poimapper Plus" application.
Poimapper is an award winning solution used and supported across the
globe, with deployments in America, Asia, Africa and Europe.
• Building and constructions inspection work
• Health care - survey, diagnose and patients treatment plans
• Market research
• Social research
• Registration of product sales
• Customer premises mapping
• Monitoring and evaluation of international development programs
• Reporting of traffic accidents
• Environmental mapping
• Disaster risk assessment and post disaster relief mapping
• Water and sanitation mapping
• Registration of birth certificates
• Forestry inventory data collection
• Monitoring Agricultural development programs
• Educational surveys and school mapping
The Poimapper mobile app is used in combination with the
www.poimapper.com web service.
• Easy to use form builder
• Save, sync and share forms
• Collect data including images, GPS, text, tables etc.
• Intelligent forms: skip logic, embedded logic statements
• Download and update existing enterprise data
• Visualize data on maps and tables
• Generate reports in grid, cross tabulated and various chart formats
• Export data and forms to Excel, Word, CSV, SPSS, KML
• Integrate with other systems using WebServices (JSON, XML, open API)
Poimapper is free for personal use. For organizational use, please contact us
on email@example.com for a free trial or upgrade the personal account.
Learn more: http://www.poimapper.com/
App can be also used as a tool for measurement and to calculate area or distance.
When registering location simply choose required attributes from defined earlier drop-down list, no need to type the same information over and over again. Import long attributes list from text files if necessary and use them in number of projects. If necessary you can add one or more pictures to each location as well.
If you are you working in the field, gathering large amount of spatial/location based data this app is for you.
Map It is a very useful tool for anyone involved in forestry, agriculture, environmental or farming business and allows quick collection of spatial data without the need of typing similar information number of times.
Speed up your workflow and make the data collection more efficient. Take advantage of survey layers and possibility to reuse same set of attributes for multiple surveys. Export your data to common files like CSV, KML, GeoJSON, ArcGIS JSON and process them further using Desktop GIS software like ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online or open source QGIS and other professional tools like MS Office.
Please visit our website and follow a Walk-Through (sample tree's survey) http://mapit-gis.com to understand better the application workflow.
Support for number of coordinate systems: WGS84 (decimal or degrees), Web Mercator, British National Grid, UTM SAD69 (Brazil), UTM NAD83, NATO, Stereo 70 (Romania), System 1992 (Poland), UTM Indian 1975 (Thailand), SIRGAS 2000 UTM coordinate system for South & Latin America, ETRS89 TM06 – Portugal, D73 Modified Portuguese Grid.
Features useful for Mobile Data Collection:
- Base maps: Google Maps, Bing Maps, Open Street Map, Mapbox and Offline mbtiles,
- Support for WMS and ArcGIS Server Tiled map services as Google Maps Overlays (Topographic maps, orthophoto maps, geological surveys, cadastral information and number of other country specific free services can be used now together with Google maps as an overlay),
- Possibility to create and maintain sets of attributes - these are available as a drop down lists when new feature is being recorded, long lists of values can be imported from text files.
- Clusters for map markers, efficient way of having large number of points on the map without performance issues,
- Currently 2 methods of collection are supported (GPS location, Map cursor location),
- Possibility to group your data into the survey layers - each survey layer may have a default set of attributes.
- Local SD card export or share option. At the moment KML, CSV, GeoJSON, ArcGIS JSON export is supported,
- Possibility to record multiple points, polylines and polygons on one layer,
- When creating new polygon or line features measurement details like area or length are also available.
- GPS and satellites status,
- Address, location search,
- Import point, line and polygon features into layer from CSV, KML or geojson file
- Import attributes' values from file
Our users are successfully using MapIt in number of applications including:
- environmental surveys,
- woodland surveys,
- forestry planning and woodland management surveys,
- agriculture and soils' types surveys,
- road constructions,
- land surveying,
- solar panels applications,
- roofing and fencing,
- tree surveys,
- GPS surveying,
- site surveying and soil samples gathering
If you are surveyor of any kind please check out this app and discover how it can save your time.
Please note: In case of problems or if you have new ideas please do not hesitate to contact us directly or using the contact forms provided on our website. We take your opinion very seriously and do appreciate any form of feedback.
The application has been designed to be simple and intuitive: no GIS knowledge is required. The app can be easily extended to provide custom workflows.
You can log into the app and use test data with the following credentials: demouser/demouser.
When you sign up through ArcGIS MarketPlace - marketplace.arcgis.com - we will contact you directly with instructions on how to test your own ArcGIS Online published data
For optimum stability and performance, the app is best used to visualize and edit up to 1000 features in one map view.