Undertaking a molecular course as part of our degree? This app is aimed at students undertaking a Molecular Methods course as part of their Life Science degree programmes at the University of Glasgow, however, students from other Higher education establishments who are carrying out molecular biology practical work may also find it useful.
- Information about different molecular techniques that are currently used in molecular labs.
- A set of workflow diagrams for each step of some key molecular biology techniques.
- Multiple choice quizzes to test your knowledge of molecular biology practicals!
- A simple interactive calculator allowing you to convert volumes/molarities/mass etc.
- A glossary of terms used in molecular biology labs.
- Educational videos and images to help you learn more about PCR primer design, restriction mapping and other important aspects of the molecular methods lab.