Instantaneous beam analysis that fits in your pocket!
Easily calculate beam deflection and engineering graphs for structural analysis. Quickly double-check your results and develop your intuition of beam deflection theory. This app is an invaluable learning tool for mechanical, civil, structural, and architecture engineering.
AMAZING AND INTUITIVE TOUCH-BASED INTERACTION
• Interactive graphics - Use touch to position loads and supports along the beam. Our algorithm will automatically handle individual sections and superposition of loads.
• Real-time computation - When you edit loads and supports, you can immediately see the effect on shear, moment, slope, and deflection diagrams. Visualize how the beam bends in real time as you interact with the app!
UNLIMITED LOADS AND SUPPORTS
• At least as many as your device can handle!
• Concentrated point loads, distributed loads, and moment loads
• Simple and fixed supports
• Floating and fixed hinges
BUILT-IN PROPERTY DATA LIBRARIES
Beam deflection depends on the beam's material (elastic modulus) and its cross-section geometry (moment of inertia). The app includes common values, but you can also specify these values directly.
• Find most American and European standard shapes.
• Select from common engineering materials.
SMART AND USEFUL DESIGN
• Common measurement units (metric and standard)
• Smart diagrams automatically detect local maxima and minima and zero-crossings
Having issues with the latest version? Do you have any feature requests? Let us know! There are many ways to reach us:
Or simply leave a comment here!