We made this application purely for the CityRail next train screen we see at CityRail stations (See Trains on the Main Menu). Its purpose has now changed to providing the next trains to a station information as quick as we can. A widget is coming.
This is a beta version, released for comments and testing. So time table data may not be 100% correct.
Please report all bugs to us, send an email too (it helps speed things along, Android bug tracking isn't particularly helpful all the time)
This is merely the start of this program (well in a usable form at least)
Lots more additions/enhancements will be added later
If you leave negative feedback, its always appreciated to leave helpful negative feedback, either give us an email or write it in the comment, what is wrong with the app. Please don't just say "I don't like it".
- Main screen showing a customisable list of next trains.
- Train screen showing train stops and following trains.
- Map of City Rail network.
- Offline stored view of the City Rail time table.
- Track work information (Requires online connectivity).
- Service status (Requires online connectivity).
- Widgets showing next train information.
change tab style.
add favorite list for timetable(press menu in timetable page for adding and long press item in favorite list to delete).
remove time tickbox.
fix rail map positioning bug.
fix timetable error.
This app provides access to timetable of Sydney’s rail lines. You can browse all the lines' timetable by line, station and time. The most exciting part of this app is the TRAVEL PLANNER, which offers you the shortest path for reference. Furthermore, a network map is also embedded, automatically zoom in the point where is tapped.
If you have any feedback, please contact me via the following email address:
Key reasons millions of travelers love this app:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included in the app.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
CREATE YOUR OWN TRIP JOURNAL
Want to remember the places you visit? It is now easy to do this with TripAdvisor City Guides. Simply Check In, take a photo and add a note for each location, and your journal and travel album will be created for you automatically. You can share it with friends and family on Facebook, or just use it to remember your trip. And, you can even Check In while you are offline and share later when you are online.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With this app you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, this app will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. The app also uses the compass to guide you to a place once you selected it
Make your Sydney experience unforgettable, with the official app from sydney.com. Explore exciting things to do, where to stay and events, must-do dining and entertainment, shopping and nightlife, nature, beaches and family experiences – all in real-time - with images, contact details and interactive maps.
You can book accommodation, get great deals and explore points of interest and facilities.
Save your favourites or build your own itinerary, to view offline. Plus you can check-in while in Sydney to share your travel experiences with your friends.
As well as information on transport, weather and currency conversion, the app has links to Visitor Information Centres that provide all your travel information needs when you are in Sydney.
We are sure you will love planning your trip to and getting around in Sydney with this easy-to-use travel app.
Included features & functions:
* Travel directory of great things to do
* Information and images on all Sydney regions
* Up-to-date events listings
* Mobile booking
* My Favourites and My Itinerary
* Current Weather
* Currency converter
* Services and facilities maps
* Over 3,000 accommodation, events, restaurants, tours and hire listings
Packed with insider tips and in-the-know advice, this free Sydney city guide will help you avoid all the tourist traps so you can experience the city like a local.
GuidePal’s intelligent and inspiring mobile city guides are created by a unique collaboration between
city locals and leading travel journalist who handpick only the best their city has to offer.
Our travel guide provides an authentic experience all via the latest app technology, and will give
you insider information on the best attractions, sights, shops, restaurants, nightlife (bars and clubs)
It’s all about travelling like a local with GuidePal.
- Offline map of Sydney
- 100% offline – no roaming charges
- Augmented reality
- Sharing functions
- Travel itinerary
- Available for Android, iPhone, Blackberry and WP7 (Windows phone)
Up for more traveling in Australia or to other parts of the world? Check out one of GuidePal’s other 60+ city guides.
Whether you’re travelling or accompanying a loved one, all the information on T1 International and T2 Domestic is at your fingertips, where and when you need it.
At a glance:
• Live flight information for all departing and arriving flights;
• Subscribe to flight status updates pushed directly to your phone;
• Airport information (transportation, transfers, shops, services, places to eat and airports contacts) all at your fingertips;
• Find out where you have to go, with terminal maps.
Sydney (approx. 4 mill. inhabitants), capital of New South Wales and largest city in Australia.
CityRail is a frequent suburban train service which runs underground in the centre of Sydney. Double-deck trains are used on all routes spreading out from the city centre as far as 60 km to Richmond or 56 km to MacArthur. Lines are bundled in the central area and offer a metro-like service with trains every few minutes during peak hours. A diversion of the East Hills Line via the Airport opened on 21 May 2000 in time for the Olympic Games.
On 23 Feb 2009, the 12.5 km underground rail link between Epping and Chatswood in the northwest of the metropolitan area was added to the network. There are three intermediate stations.
Sydney Light Rail & Monorail
In the city centre of Sydney, the Sydney Monorail, an elevated circle line running only anti-clockwise, links many points of touristic interest in the central business district and the Darling Harbour area. The monorail is now planned to close in July 2013 to be demolished.
Starting from Central Station, a modern tram line (Sydney Metro Light Rail) runs via the Convention Centre and Darling Harbour to the inner western suburbs of Glebe and Lilyfield. The largest part of the route re-uses an abandoned freight railway. The light rail line is currently being extended to Dulwich Hill.
Both the Monorail and the Light Rail Lines are operated by Veolia.
Search, explore, check in and add restaurants, events, businesses, toilets, hotspots, gas stations, schools et al in Sydney. Find restaurants at your current location, find banks and hospitals in your vicinity, explore hotspots in Sydney, find schools near you, look up for events and happenings in Sydney and many more. Login through Facebook or Google and Check-in to your location and publish it on your Facebook wall.
Search by current location, Search events by date, Explore by categories, Search toilets, Search petrol, Search Schools, Search Hotspots.
Add and manage your business listings through our Sydney City Guide app.
* Offline access to the Guide Listings: Save your data for Offline use by Saving the Listings or by adding the respective listings to your Favorites.
* Map - to display the marker
* Direction - to display the route from your location
* Check-in - lets you check in to the location
* Reviews - lists all the reviews and ratings posted by other users and a button to write your own review.
* Fav It - Add to your favorites list.
* Trip it - Save to your list of trips.
* Contacts - Save entry in your contacts.
* Make a Call - Make quick call to restaurants, businesses, hospitals and banks.
* Email the owner feature
* Share - Share it with your friends.
For business owners: Add your businesses and let it be explored by ever-growing mobile userbase. It also allows end users to add hotspots, toilets, petrol and other public places. Be good.
Use the travel directory to find exciting things to see and do, including opening times. Follow the itineraries suggested for 1, 3 and 5 day stays to get the best out of your travels or select your favourites and build your own list. You can find events that are happening when you are travelling or choose a tour by bus, boat, motorbike or seaplane!
This app will give you phrases that will help you communicate, tips on travelling in comfort, and a guide to general customs and culture so you won’t be surprised by local behaviour! You will know where to go for free WiFi and how to make cheap international phone calls. It will help you with information on the transport system from getting from the airport to travelling around Sydney. It has links to Visitor Information Centres that provide all your travel information needs.
We are sure you will love planning your trip to Sydney with this easy-to-use travel app. It contains everything you need for the experience of a lifetime – one that your friends and family will want to hear all about!
Choice of 3 languages - simplified or traditional Chinese as well as English.
• Location based mapping
• Travel directory of great things to do
• My Favourites
• Current Weather
• Accept UnionPay Places
• Currency converter
• Services and facilities maps
• Can be used 100% offline once downloaded (except for updates and sharing)
- Contains all 326 stations and special destinations (City, Moore Park, etc)
- Supports Android 2.2+
Please report any bugs or feedback which may help improve the app.
Now with TRAIN Realtime predictions (in BETA, please note that the predictions are based on the train position and might not always match times indicated on platform indicators).
Arrivo Sydney is your powerful commuting companion providing Realtime departure and location information for Sydney Buses and Trains (--> please refer to list below for supported agencies).
Realtime departure (for buses only) & location (buses/trains) information takes your commute to the next level, helping you make your travel time and decisions more efficient. “Should I take the Bus that is approaching or do I wait for the Express Bus that is just around the corner?”
Imagine no more waiting at the Bus Stop. Take the guess work out of wondering when your Bus will arrive. Just download Arrivo Sydney and check on your Bus in Realtime!
Even when you are offline without a data connection you still have access to the scheduled departure information stored locally on your device.
With Arrivo Sydney in your pocket you have access to Sydney's Bus & Train information anywhere and anytime.
Currently supported agencies:
* Sydney State Transit (STA) Buses
* Newcastle Buses
* Busway Blacktown Buses
* CDC Hillsbus R4
* Forest Coach Lines
* Sydney Trains
* NSW Trains
We will add other bus operators & ferries soon.
Arrivo Sydney makes your commute easy with a variety of benefits:
* Realtime Location information so you know where your Bus or Train is right now.
* Realtime Departure information (buses only) so you know when your Bus will get to your Stop.
* Follow your Bus or Train on the map and check on its progress.
* Save your Favourite Routes & Stops for convenient access and referral.
* Put your Favourite Stops 'on the radar' with the Radar feature. Arrivo Sydney notifies you when you get near your Stop and shows you the next departures.
* Immediately find the next departure for your Stop - by Route, by Stop name or from your saved Favourites.
* Use predictive search from the action bar on the top of the app to quickly find your Route or Stop.
* View next Departures for any Sydney STA Bus Stop (scheduled & realtime) and Train Station (scheduled only).
* View your Trip details so you know where & when to get off.
* View the Stops for your Trip on the map.
* Get convenient access to transport info Tweets to stay on top of commuting conditions.
* Arrivo Sydney works anytime and anywhere. If you do not have a data network connection to get the Realtime updates you can still access the scheduled departures.
* The scheduled timetable information is stored on your phone.
* Arrivo Sydney informs you when updated timetable information is available for download. Check your notifications bar to download the most up-to-date timetable available.
Get access to Realtime departure (buses only) and location (buses & trains) information and download Arrivo Sydney today!
Keywords: Realtime, Bus, Train, Sydney, Timetable, Location, Map, Stop, Arrival, Departure, Trip, Route, Favourite, Schedule, Commuting, Commute, Travel
You can use the GPS-activated voice tours for free as long as your phone is online, but that means you will have to pay roaming charges. If you pay to download the tours, you can use them offline, and save on the cost of roaming. We charge a small fee for downloading the offline features because we need to reimburse the tour guides and cover our development costs. Other features you can get for free include a map that works offline and free use of the 3D tour.
• TOURS OFFERED BY LOCAL EXPERTS - Browse more than 400 tours guided by people who make sure you see the most exciting places.
• AUDIO GUIDED TOURS - It will guide you with clear audio cues and once you approach a sight it automatically starts to tell you about it
• SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES - During your tour you can take photos and add comments; from this PocketGuide automatically creates a 3D video which you can easily share with your friends
• FIND GREAT PLACES - If you are tired, let our guides recommend you the best nearby restaurants and cafés
• AVAILABLE OFFLINE - Once you download a city, the whole content works in offline mode so you don’t have to pay roaming charges
• OFFLINE MAP - Get a free offline map and navigate in the city easily while avoiding roaming charges.
Enjoyed the tours? Keep on traveling? Download PocketGuide's other versions available in other cities.
Features includes :
✓9 main categories and 60+ default sub categories .
✓Items can be added,edited and deleted easily.
✓Using checklist the items can be selected easily.
✓After completing a trip you can clear the data’s of the previous trip in a single touch.
For any questions and suggestions contact us on
More from developer
Additional features in the full version of TripView:
- Save your trips
- No advertisements
- Platform numbers
- Real-time delay information and vehicle map for public buses and trains
- Download timetable updates from within the app
- Scrolling Sydney Trains "platform indicator" display
- Trackwork / service interruption information
- Interactive maps (create your trip by clicking on your station/stop)
- Multi-modal trip editor (customise exact change locations / lines)
NOTE: Apart from real-time data for public buses and trains, all timetables are offline, and do not take into account delays, cancellations, or trackwork. Best efforts are taken to ensure timetable accuracy, but no guarantees are made. If you find an error in the timetable, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details, and it will be fixed in the next release.
- All trains on the plasma display are currently shown as "8 Cars" and "Limited Stops"
- Note that not all bus trips are reversible, because the stop names in the opposite direction are sometimes different.