We made this application purely for the CityRail next train screen we see at CityRail stations (See Trains on the Main Menu). Its purpose has now changed to providing the next trains to a station information as quick as we can. A widget is coming.
This is a beta version, released for comments and testing. So time table data may not be 100% correct.
Please report all bugs to us, send an email too (it helps speed things along, Android bug tracking isn't particularly helpful all the time)
This is merely the start of this program (well in a usable form at least)
Lots more additions/enhancements will be added later
If you leave negative feedback, its always appreciated to leave helpful negative feedback, either give us an email or write it in the comment, what is wrong with the app. Please don't just say "I don't like it".
- Main screen showing a customisable list of next trains.
- Train screen showing train stops and following trains.
- Map of City Rail network.
- Offline stored view of the City Rail time table.
- Track work information (Requires online connectivity).
- Service status (Requires online connectivity).
- Widgets showing next train information.
change tab style.
add favorite list for timetable(press menu in timetable page for adding and long press item in favorite list to delete).
remove time tickbox.
fix rail map positioning bug.
fix timetable error.
This app provides access to timetable of Sydney’s rail lines. You can browse all the lines' timetable by line, station and time. The most exciting part of this app is the TRAVEL PLANNER, which offers you the shortest path for reference. Furthermore, a network map is also embedded, automatically zoom in the point where is tapped.
If you have any feedback, please contact me via the following email address:
Key reasons millions of travelers love this app:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included in the app.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
CREATE YOUR OWN TRIP JOURNAL
Want to remember the places you visit? It is now easy to do this with TripAdvisor City Guides. Simply Check In, take a photo and add a note for each location, and your journal and travel album will be created for you automatically. You can share it with friends and family on Facebook, or just use it to remember your trip. And, you can even Check In while you are offline and share later when you are online.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With this app you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, this app will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. The app also uses the compass to guide you to a place once you selected it
Make your Sydney experience unforgettable, with the official app from sydney.com. Explore exciting things to do, where to stay and events, must-do dining and entertainment, shopping and nightlife, nature, beaches and family experiences – all in real-time - with images, contact details and interactive maps.
You can book accommodation, get great deals and explore points of interest and facilities.
Save your favourites or build your own itinerary, to view offline. Plus you can check-in while in Sydney to share your travel experiences with your friends.
As well as information on transport, weather and currency conversion, the app has links to Visitor Information Centres that provide all your travel information needs when you are in Sydney.
We are sure you will love planning your trip to and getting around in Sydney with this easy-to-use travel app.
Included features & functions:
* Travel directory of great things to do
* Information and images on all Sydney regions
* Up-to-date events listings
* Mobile booking
* My Favourites and My Itinerary
* Current Weather
* Currency converter
* Services and facilities maps
* Over 3,000 accommodation, events, restaurants, tours and hire listings
Sydney (approx. 4 mill. inhabitants), capital of New South Wales and largest city in Australia.
CityRail is a frequent suburban train service which runs underground in the centre of Sydney. Double-deck trains are used on all routes spreading out from the city centre as far as 60 km to Richmond or 56 km to MacArthur. Lines are bundled in the central area and offer a metro-like service with trains every few minutes during peak hours. A diversion of the East Hills Line via the Airport opened on 21 May 2000 in time for the Olympic Games.
On 23 Feb 2009, the 12.5 km underground rail link between Epping and Chatswood in the northwest of the metropolitan area was added to the network. There are three intermediate stations.
Sydney Light Rail & Monorail
In the city centre of Sydney, the Sydney Monorail, an elevated circle line running only anti-clockwise, links many points of touristic interest in the central business district and the Darling Harbour area. The monorail is now planned to close in July 2013 to be demolished.
Starting from Central Station, a modern tram line (Sydney Metro Light Rail) runs via the Convention Centre and Darling Harbour to the inner western suburbs of Glebe and Lilyfield. The largest part of the route re-uses an abandoned freight railway. The light rail line is currently being extended to Dulwich Hill.
Both the Monorail and the Light Rail Lines are operated by Veolia.
Packed with insider tips and in-the-know advice, this free Sydney city guide will help you avoid all the tourist traps so you can experience the city like a local.
GuidePal’s intelligent and inspiring mobile city guides are created by a unique collaboration between
city locals and leading travel journalist who handpick only the best their city has to offer.
Our travel guide provides an authentic experience all via the latest app technology, and will give
you insider information on the best attractions, sights, shops, restaurants, nightlife (bars and clubs)
It’s all about travelling like a local with GuidePal.
- Offline map of Sydney
- 100% offline – no roaming charges
- Augmented reality
- Sharing functions
- Travel itinerary
- Available for Android, iPhone, Blackberry and WP7 (Windows phone)
Up for more traveling in Australia or to other parts of the world? Check out one of GuidePal’s other 60+ city guides.
Whether you’re travelling or accompanying a loved one, all the information on T1 International and T2 Domestic is at your fingertips, where and when you need it.
At a glance:
• Live flight information for all departing and arriving flights;
• Subscribe to flight status updates pushed directly to your phone;
• Airport information (transportation, transfers, shops, services, places to eat and airports contacts) all at your fingertips;
• Find out where you have to go, with terminal maps.
Includes next services, A to B trip planner, maps and public transport updates. If you have GPS capabilities on your phone, the app already knows where you are, and can point you to the relevant stop, station or ferry wharf. Depending on your mobile data plan, normal mobile data charges may apply as you use the app.
With this app you can:
* See all services departing next from any location, and from your current location if you have GPS capabilities on your phone
* Search for a destination
* Tailor trip plans to include a certain midpoint or to use a certain transport mode
* One tap to reverse trip plans
* Use your phone contacts/address book to plan trips
* View service information including delays, interruptions, diversions and track work
* View wheelchair accessible trips
* Save your favourite trips and locations
Culture Walks is the ideal companion for discovering Sydney on foot – discover hidden laneways and new neighbourhoods while learning about Sydney’s history and the stories behind the city’s most loved public artworks. Prefer to see what’s close to you or interested in a particular work? Simply filter through hundreds of points of interest by location, type or theme.
• Be guided through 10 walking tours curated by the City of Sydney’s history and public art teams
• 400+ historical and public art points of interest, filterable by type, location and theme.
• Discover all the points of interest in offline mode*
• Free updates for life: keep an eye out for new walks and points of interest
Download the app and start walking!
App development happily provided by We Make Apps – http://wemakeapps.net
*Like other mapping apps, a data connection is required to download and display map imagery.
Use the travel directory to find exciting things to see and do, including opening times. Follow the itineraries suggested for 1, 3 and 5 day stays to get the best out of your travels or select your favourites and build your own list. You can find events that are happening when you are travelling or choose a tour by bus, boat, motorbike or seaplane!
This app will give you phrases that will help you communicate, tips on travelling in comfort, and a guide to general customs and culture so you won’t be surprised by local behaviour! You will know where to go for free WiFi and how to make cheap international phone calls. It will help you with information on the transport system from getting from the airport to travelling around Sydney. It has links to Visitor Information Centres that provide all your travel information needs.
We are sure you will love planning your trip to Sydney with this easy-to-use travel app. It contains everything you need for the experience of a lifetime – one that your friends and family will want to hear all about!
Choice of 3 languages - simplified or traditional Chinese as well as English.
• Location based mapping
• Travel directory of great things to do
• My Favourites
• Current Weather
• Accept UnionPay Places
• Currency converter
• Services and facilities maps
• Can be used 100% offline once downloaded (except for updates and sharing)
Walking tours included in this application are:
* City Orientation Tour (18 sights)
* Museums and Art Galleries (8 sights)
* Sydney’s Art Galleries (7 sights)
* Landmarks in Sydney (7 sights)
* Places of Worship (7 sights)
* Nightlife in Circular Quay (6 sights)
* Hottest Nightclubs (6 sights)
* The Pyrmont Area (6 sights)
* Best of Shopping in Sydney (5 sights)
* Sydney for Kids (6 sights)
* Sydney’s East Shore (6 sights)
* Taronga Zoo (8 sights)
All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the walking tours or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app is optimized for Android phone and tablet.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported on device without built-in GPS function).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
Whether you are a road warrior or an occasional business traveler, CWT To Go keeps you organized, connected and informed while on the move. Available exclusively to travelers of Carlson Wagonlit Travel clients worldwide, CWT To Go, powered by WorldMate, puts you in control of your travel plans with problem-solving tools and vital services, including itineraries, flight alerts and mobile check-in. Available in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish for Android smartphones and tablets, CWT To Go is the only travel app you need.
New! Advanced share functions:
• Share individual components of your trip or your entire itinerary with your family, friends or co-workers.
• When you receive a flight delay alert, you also will receive a message prompting you to share this information.
• Manually type in an email address or select one from your contacts.
• Add a personal message to your email before sharing your trip.
Save time and money with complimentary premium services and features:
• Flight notifications, including delays, cancellations and gate changes, are pushed to your device automatically.
• Real-time flight status integrates into your trip.
• Check in on more than 250 airlines worldwide.
• Sync your trips with your calendar.
• Search for alternative flight schedules.
• Input and save your local CWT office phone number for one-click access to a travel counselor.
• Search the flight status of colleagues arriving on different flights.
• Add the widget to your home screen to see an overview of your next trip.
View all your travel plans in one place:
• Trips booked through CWT display and sync automatically.
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org to integrate rail itineraries and trips made through other channels.
• Add meeting information.
• Personalize your trip name.
Easy account management with a unique, single CWT account for all traveler service products:
• Sign in to CWT To Go with the same password you use to access the CWT Portal website, or enter your email address, then follow the steps to create your CWT account password.
Access practical tools and destination information:
• View maps and driving directions to places in your trips, such as your hotel or car rental return.
• Five-day weather forecast for your home city and upcoming trip destination.
• Spoken weather forecast.
• Currency converter with daily exchange rate updates.
• AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY to business travelers whose organizations use CWT as their preferred travel provider.
• A CWT Portrait profile with a unique email address for the traveler is required.
• Login information: The password you use to access the CWT Portal website is now your CWT account password, allowing you to access CWT To Go and CWT Portal with the same password. If you do not have a CWT Portal password, enter your email address, and the app will walk you through the steps to establish your CWT account password.
• If you installed/used CWT To Go prior to May 6, 2013, that version is no longer supported. You must uninstall the old app from your device and download this version, as the prior app will not be updated/replaced upon installation of this app. In addition, your password from the prior version was not transferred to this app to protect your security.
• To access a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs), please visit: http://www.carlsonwagonlit.com/cwt-to-go/.
Features of Triposo’s Droidguide:
* Complete background information
* A detailed sights section
* Eating out section
* Mini guides for daytrip destinations
* An offline map
More from developer
Additional features in the full version of TripView:
- Save your trips
- No advertisements
- Platform numbers
- Real-time delay information and vehicle map for public buses and trains
- Download timetable updates from within the app
- Scrolling Sydney Trains "platform indicator" display
- Trackwork / service interruption information
- Interactive maps (create your trip by clicking on your station/stop)
- Multi-modal trip editor (customise exact change locations / lines)
NOTE: Apart from real-time data for public buses and trains, all timetables are offline, and do not take into account delays, cancellations, or trackwork. Best efforts are taken to ensure timetable accuracy, but no guarantees are made. If you find an error in the timetable, please email email@example.com with details, and it will be fixed in the next release.
- All trains on the plasma display are currently shown as "8 Cars" and "Limited Stops"
- Note that not all bus trips are reversible, because the stop names in the opposite direction are sometimes different.