Drums Engineer is an app for drums composition.
It helps to create drum beats. You can save the composed beats as midi file and use it for production with your DAW software.
There are two ways to create drum beats:
- manual - check notes for each drum instrument
- automatic - press COMPOSE and the algorithm creates a drum groove or drum fill.
Check also the full version of Drums Engineer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.drumsengineer
Drums Engineer features:
- auto compose drum grooves and drum fills
- use up to 64 notes
- select note length
- set tempo via tapping
- swing mode
- use up to 45 different drum instruments
- save created beats as midi file
- open beats file
- change meter signature
- change instruments volume
When you open the app there are three panes. On left is INSTRUMENTS CONTROL pane. On the right is BEATS pane and below is APP CONTROL pane.
INSTRUMENTS CONTROL pane:
For every instrument you have:
- instruments name - when you click on it you can hear instrument sound sample
- ON/OFF switch - switches on/off the instrument
- select checkbox - use it select/deselect instrument. This is used in when you press COMPOSE or Shift Left/Right
For every instrument you have predefined number of notes. If checkbox is checked the sound is on. If it is unchecked there is no sound.
By checking and unchecking checkboxes you create the instrument beat.
APP CONTROL pane:
- ON/OFF switch - switches all instruments on/off
- select checkbox - selects/deselects all instruments
- MODE - select drum groove or drum fill for COMPOSER to create
- COMPOSE button when you press it then drum groove or fill is created for selected instruments. If no instrument is selected then all instruments are used
- tempo - change tempo in beats per minute
- PLAY button - plays/stops the drum beat
- New - creates new drum template
- Save - saves current drum beats as midi file
- Save as - saves current drum beats as midi file with specified name
- Clear All - clear all instruments
- Clear selected - clears only selected (with checked checkbox) instruments
- SETTINGS - opens Settings
- Help - opens app manual
- facebook page - opens app facebook page
- Exit - exits app
- Notes number - select number of notres (1-64)
- INSTRUMENTS VOLUME - set volume for instruments
- Keep screen on - keeps screen on while the app is in foreground
- Play melody in background - when this is on then beat will be played in background. You can use this when adjusting the instruments volume.
Check also the other music composition related apps:
Song Engineer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.songengineerlite
Melody Engineer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.melodyengineerlite
Lyrics Engineer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.lyricsengineerlite
Guitar Engineer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.guitarengineerlite
Bass Engineer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.bassengineerlite
Rhythm Engineer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.rhythmengineerlite
MultitrackEngineer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.multitrackengineerlite