Poet app helps you writing poetry. The app selects suitable words in order to match the poetry meter. Also the app can use word combinations from a predefined text like some poetry from your favorite author.
Check also the free version of Poet - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.poetlite
How to use:
1. Press [New] button and select the poetry feet type (iamb, trochee, anapest etc...) or create your own by checking syllables.
2. Press [WRITE] button and words which syllables stress matches accent pattern are selected.
3. You can change words with other suitable words via drop down menu.
4. You can listen to the poem using READ button
5. You can listen to lyrics accent using PLAY button
Also once the words are chosen you can select syllables to change by selecting the syllables and pressing [WRITE] button.
In Settings you can change the number of syllables and number of syllables in row.
You can add your own words to the dictionary. In directory [Poet/dictionaries] you have an example file for custom dictionary that can be loaded from MENU - LOAD DICTIONARY. In custom dictionary you can put any word or combination of words. You have to provide word hyphenation and stress in format:
If the syllable is stressed stress=1 else stress=0. For example:
Useful feature - Use predefined poetry text. You can also add your own text file for the app to learn useful words combinations. The file should be text file and could be every useful text like any poetry or other text. Then the app will use word combinations from this text in the created text.
Use MENU - Load learning text to load your own learning text.
Important: Make sure you allow the app access to write files to phone storage. On first attempt to save file the app will ask for such permission. The app folder is called [Poet]. If you want to load dictionary or learning text put it in this folder.