CrookCatcher is an app that takes a picture of anyone trying to unlock your phone with the wrong pin-code, password or pattern. It then emails the photo along with your phone's GPS location to you, without them knowing.
CrookCatcher has helped many people recover their stolen phones, as they were able to show a picture of the thief to the police or their friend group, who could then identify the thief. Please never attempt to recover a stolen phone from the thief by yourself as this could be dangerous.
CrookCatcher works for free, but with CrookCatcher Pro you get more security features:
• Take multiple pictures with both cameras
• Record sound clip
• Sound alarm
• Display a message on lock screen for thief
• Show a fake home screen
• Detect break in
• Retry email
• Change email subject
• Lock app with a pattern
• Disguise app
More information can be found in the app or the website: www.crookcatcher.app
- This app uses the Device Administrator permission to monitor screen unlock attempts.
- If you are having trouble uninstall CrookCatcher: Restart your device, wait 10 minutes, then go to CrookCatcher -> Help -> Uninstall.
- CrookCatcher does not support pop up cameras.
- CrookCatcher cannot detect wrong fingerprints
- Unfortunately, after rebooting the phone must be unlocked once before CrookCatcher works. This is an android security precaution that we cannot circumvent.