CrookCatcher is an app that takes a picture of anyone trying to unlock your phone with the wrong pin-code, password or pattern. It then emails the photo along with your phone's GPS location to you, without them knowing.
CrookCatcher has helped many people recover their stolen phones, as they were able to show a picture of the thief to the police or their friend group, who could then identify the thief. Please never attempt to recover a stolen phone from the thief by yourself as this could be dangerous.
Essential features are free:
• Take picture
• Obtain location
• Send alert email
• Multiple pictures with both cameras
• Record sound clip
• Sound alarm
• Show message to thief on lock screen
• Fake home screen: if someone should force you to hand over your unlocked
• Detect break-in
• Retry email: if phone is offline, save email for later
• Change email subject: so a thief doesn't see revealing email notifications
• App lock
• Disguise app: change CrookCatcher icon to a files icon.
• Hide alert notifications until unlocked
• No ads
More information can be found in the app or the website: www.crookcatcher.app
- This app uses the Device Administrator permission to monitor screen unlock attempts.
- If you are having trouble uninstall CrookCatcher: Restart your device, wait 10 minutes, then go to CrookCatcher -> Help -> Uninstall.
- CrookCatcher does not support pop up cameras.
- CrookCatcher cannot detect wrong fingerprints
- Unfortunately, after rebooting the phone must be unlocked once before CrookCatcher works. This is an android security precaution that we cannot circumvent.