Helipaddy is the must-have tool for pilots wishing to discover new heli-friendly landing sites whilst storing their own private sites and sharing them with their pilot friends.
Designed by pilots, for pilots, from the ground up.
The app is free to download and the free Helipaddy account enables pilots and their passengers to save their favourite landing spots and share them with their friends, navigate from the cockpit, and much more. It can also be used to store interesting places and waypoints, not just helipads. A free account also gives pilots access to an online members’ dashboard where they can privately record their landings, plan trips, and much more.
An optional upgrade to Premium membership gives pilots access to a fully moderated and up-to-date global database of over 10,000 places to land, refuel, eat, stay or even just to walk the dog! With landing sites in over 120 countries, Helipaddy is the world’s only trusted source of off-airfield landing sites. Premium members also have increased functionality in the apps and their online dashboard.
Helipaddy encourages considerate flying, especially noise awareness and respecting neighbouring residents and their animals.
BRIEF MOBILE APP FEATURE LIST
- 10,000+ landable, moderated sites around the world including hotels, restaurants, bars, and more
- Native versions for Android phone and tablet
- View real-time moving map while flying
- Quickly see live details on all sites, including bearing, distance and weather conditions
- View pilot comments and add your own
- Automatic landing detection and datcon readings for online Logbook
- Add unlimited private pads completely free
- See friends' live locations and privately share sites with them
- Satellite imagery and ground-level airspace to help plan landings and routes
- Send landing permission requests through the app or web portal
- All major coordinate formats supported (D/DM/DMS)
- One-tap location storing for later use
- Export any site as GPX file for use in other apps
- Fuel filters
- Multiple advanced filters to help find appropriate sites
- Easily see fuel locations that accept credit cards
- Safari mode showing a 2nm radius and 5/10 minute advanced time and direction indicators
- Events section for aviation meets, expos, etc.
- Auto-reminder when your type rating, insurance and medicals are due
- Works offline for areas of poor signal
- Much more available in the free online dashboard accessible with your same account
"Helipaddy is a great tool for helicopter pilots and I'm proud that it has been developed by two of our HQ alumni. They have put an immense amount of research and flying hours into it - we encourage any initiative that promotes the enjoyment of helicopters for private pilots." - Quentin Smith, First person to circumnavigate the globe in a helicopter, World Helicopter Champion of the Year, Advanced CAA Instructor & Examiner.
“What did we do before Helipaddy? Well we struggled, we asked friends, we consulted frequently out of date printed guides. It's a great product which just keeps getting better. Great product.” - Roy Harford, Helicopter Club of Great Britain and Helipaddy member.
“…I want to stress once again, we enjoy using Helipaddy as (an) invaluable source of so much needed information and I encourage every pilot I meet to start using the app immediately… Thank you so much.” - Evgeny Kabanov, Pilot and Helipaddy member.
“At long last we have a credible source of landing locations that have been verified and checked. It is our primary source for finding great places to eat or stay that will accept helicopters. In recent trips we have regularly used Helipaddy whilst flying to call ahead and check availability before routing direct via their link to Sky Demon. We love flying and visiting new places and Helipaddy has made this so much easier.” - Steve Hill, helicopter pilot and owner of Helipaddy-listed landing site, Witney Lakes Resort.